Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

New Car, Air Suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car, Air Suspension issues

Hey guys, just bought a new to me 2004 AllRoad w/ 2.7TT. I have not actually picked it up yet, but I know for a fact the air suspension is not working. In the rear seat, there is a module with wires sitting out in plain view (see attachment), and I'm thinking that might be part of the problem. Is there a wire diagram I could look at or would someone have a suggestion as to what this part might be? Just going to try and do a quick fix to get it home and do the labor heavy work in the shop when I get here.

Thanks in advance for the advise, and look forward to being apart of the Audi World!

James

.....plus, I have german heritage, only makes sence to have a german car
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have no idea what that module is, but I don't think it's part of the suspension. Here is the suspension control module:

Is the pump running? Are the the lights on the controls flashing? Is the manual mode light illuminated?
More likely your bags or compressor are shot.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I will know a little more on Monday.

I was going to rebuild the compressor regardless of function just as a precaution/preventative maintenance.

From what I can tell, the suspension light is illuminated. I bought the car at an auction for a deal I just couldn't pass up. My brother had an A4 I just loved to drive in the winter, and when the SUV I was watching went way over my budget, and this was far under it, I got geeked and picked it up instead.

First stop is a buddies place so I can hook up to his ross tech cable and get the error code figured out and proceed from there.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JammerJamming
First stop is a buddies place so I can hook up to his ross tech cable and get the error code figured out and proceed from there.
good first step, report back with the codes so we can help you better
Old 10-07-2015, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, I ran the codes. First and foremost, the blue box was a aftermarket Bluetooth hands free kit, so that is for sure not the issue

The yellow suspension light in the gauge light stays lit solid and does not flash. The lights on the level buttons flash on the up side. The level one stays lit, and the up flashes, along with the level 2 occasionally (although their was no noticeable difference in ride height either by visual or by the ride height sensors). After the compressor turns off, Only when we reset it in the Vag Com did it flash for a little bit. The air compressor does turn on and when we checked after it had, there was 4.88bar of pressure and still rising. so i'm not to sure that is an issue (still going to install a new piston just to be sure. as for the codes, I took a picture of the log (seen below).

I was going to lube the air system with the pneumatic air tool oil to see if there just might be some valves stuck. Will the whole system freeze if just one sensor is bad?
Attached Images   
Old 10-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, I took off the kick panel below the steering wheel to look at terminal 30 and see what was going on (as I read that the wire will burn) and found this. Someone cut out the entire relay, and I have no idea where it goes or how it goes and what all is missing. Anyone have any ideas?
Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

on second thought, I traced it back, and I do believe that was the wiring that was going to the Bluetooth that was ripped out
Old 10-08-2015, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is the radio OEM? Those wires do not look factory. Likely the Bluetooth was wired to the back of the radio, and mounted under the steering column. I would pull the radio to see what kind of mess you have back their.
Of course, none of that will fix your suspension issues. Car looks really clean on the outside, though.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The radio is on my list of things to get to, once the main issues are taken care of. It is still the factory symphony bose radio, and I have no intention of getting rid of it.

Believe it or not, I picked it up from a repo auction for 2k, 2.5k after tax and title.

Right now, after looking at the codes, and also doing some major research, i'm thinking that I need to replace the ignition switch (as well as the terminal connector due to the fact that is probably melted, a common problem), and then the level sensor. I just got my rebuild kit for the air compressor yesterday, and plan on doing that before the weekend if over. Plus, the oil in the line to free the valves up. Hopefully doing all of the above will get the suspension working, and I can focus on the smaller stuff before winter hits
Old 10-08-2015, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Even with leaking bags, rebuilding the pump with get you off the ground. I find my compressor runs every so often at lights, but that's it. My front bags are both leaking.