couple questions and confirming my check list

Rear Bags (2)
Shock Absorbers (2)
Self-leveling sensors (2)

soap test failed both sides

up & down lights constantly on

160k and original factory shocks CHECK

everything wildly expensive check

Want to confirm that this list has everything needed to overhaul my rear suspension. Also, can i order a whole suspension kit that includes the front for a discounted price?

my grand total comes to 1300 bucks and it seems a bit much but if i can get a deal for all 4 sides i would consider it

I DO Not need a compressor just bags, shocks, and new sensors for the level
Thanks guys

Last edited by Northwestern; 09-23-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You shouldn't need level sensors. Have you considered rebuilding the compressor?
Old 09-23-2016, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Compressor was replaced about 3 months ago and rebuilt the old one - now i have 2 completely working compressors

Some reason my level sensor in my dash won't turn off (its the up & down arrows with the car body in the middle)????

The rear bags will kind of hold air just not for longer then 4-5 hrs without the compressor kicking on or opening a door for it to rebalance.

I know the bags are bad due to testing them and the shocks have never been replaced and just turned over 160k

Looking to see if anyone know a package deal for shocks, bags, and sensors.

Would rather replace the sensors then spend the weekend slowly piece together my old ones.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can order the bags and shocks from Arnott.

The error on your dash has nothing to do with bad sensors. It's what happens when the compressor "times out". Your sensors are good. If they weren't, the car would not try to level itself.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Solves my sensor issue and thank you

It seems clear my rear bags have a leak due to the soap test and how it falls over a period of time.

even with the light on it will go up and down without issue

The light immediately comes on as i turn the car on

After i write this post i am going to reset the computer by unhooking the battery and maybe that will solve it

do think shocks and bags are a must
Old 09-24-2016, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default rear shocks

Not sure thet you need to replace the shocks. When you dismantle the air bag from the shocks you can check if the shocks is leaking oil or gas pressure. And of course do not to replace sensors. Probably you are finished with malfunction with two rear air bag and a compressor piston ring and work (two hours) And of course erase the fault code in the computer.

Last edited by amiram; 09-24-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Disheartening that within a few months replacing my compressor it would need to be replaced already - or rebuilt

I know it's a pos but it should last longer then a year.

Anyone have any advice or can it be a bad sensor or switch?

Thanks

Last edited by Northwestern; 09-24-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The compressor

When you are driving with air leaks The compressor is trying to compensate for the missing Air pressure, after two minutes he gets hot And the system turns it off. Only then you get a warning on the dashboard (with the arrows) And if the green lights blinking too This means that the vehicle did not achieve the required height. By the way, in connection with the compressor, you need Only to replace the piston ring (10-20 USD)
Attached Thumbnails Rear suspension-possible-locations-air-leakage-rear-air-spriag.png  
Old 09-24-2016, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Seems strange only bc i never get the blinking lights - I rarely hear the compressor kick on only when i first start the car for the day -

Since i will be redoing the bags and shocks on the rear i will go ahead and rebuild the compressor or exchange it with the one i already rebuilt.

going to assume this is still the best email for Andy

info@bagpipingandy.com

Thanks for the quick reply and i will assume this will solve my issue with my suspension

Off tread topic

My turbos kick on and run when i first turn my car on and randomly when i go into neutral

Still originals at 160k (time for new ones) but why do they kick on?
Old 09-25-2016, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Kick on?

Turbos do not turn on and off, rather they spin from exhaust pressure as the engine RPMs climb. If you hear a whining sound when you first start up, you may need to look at your secondary air injection pump. That will turn on when you first start the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Rear suspension