2009 ACNA Officer election, and vacant BoD position filled

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Since the ACNA president is being so forthright....Bruce?

You can start with responsiveness and honesty.
The silent treatment is not a communication skill as some folks seem to think.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Fear the Miata!

Default why wasn't kris loveless appointed to the bod? he missed being on the bod by 7 votes

or something like that?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Since the ACNA president is being so forthright....

Well, what gives, this isn't even a tough question....
Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Paul;

Just so we're on the same page, you are referring to Johnathan Porath's long post dated 1/12/09, of which the primary complaint is Mike Collier's being requested to not attend an NEQ event, right?

In any case, before the ACNA Board can respond I am having the Board develop a policy for dealing with such issues. Towards that end, a policy has been drafted, it has been discussed at an Executive Committee meeting and it will be discussed and, I hope, voted on at the next Board meeting, scheduled for 1/28/09. I believe the policy will be based on principles in the best interest of the ACNA.

Please stay tuned.

Take Care,
Bruce
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, sort of, actually one specific complaint is about the ultimatum given to Bruce Wiggett, but it only highlights the much larger problem that is evident from the complaint.

Hopefully, this doesn't get boiled down to "Whatever the Eventmaster or Chief Instructor wants is what the Eventmaster or Chief Instructor gets." While I support the intent of such rules, there's got to be some kind of meat behind the reasoning apart from: "That guy is smarter than me, he works harder than me, he makes me look bad, or I don't like that person, so I'm taking my ball and I'm only going to play in a place where I can have complete control and everyone likes me."

Someday, someone is going to tell me why I can't attend NEQ events. The only reasons I have been given are either based on the emotions (and misunderstandings I might add) of a few people, or assertions that no one seems willing or able to back up.

I am concerned (in general) about how some policies will come to bear ....

With regard to communication on issues like these I'm going to suggest that whenever anyone on the BoD thinks:

"best interest of the ACNA"

you should ALWAYS be able to think, write, and speak:

"best interest of the membership"

While it may be true that many of us should think of the "ACNA" and "The Membership" as one in the same, I think it serves as a reminder that the ACNA is best served when the membership is best served.

I think you would agree. Sometimes words are important on the way to action.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was just giving this some more thought while the spaghetti was boiling and in the specific case mentioned above what was really needed was some common decency on the part of the ultimatum giver, and some stones on the part of the guy that accepted it to tell him he was out of line... its going to be challenging to adopt any "policy" that will ensure just plain old decent behavior as opposed to some of the childishness we've seen. We have rules at our house, but we also have children... fact is, rules get broken, but its tough for anybody but a parent to enforce things like acting your age.

My guess is that no matter how hard you try, we'll wind up depending upon good faith, and for some folks, there's precious little to be had.

Spaghetti's ready.,..
Old 01-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Who is Bill Congo?

He organized the Deep South Chapter (Alabama, Mississippi, Louisana, Arkansas)three-years ago. He drives an RS4 and his wife has an A-3. They have owned an Audi TT, A-6, A-4 Cab, and an S-4. For the past 40 years he has worked for the Defense Department. Has a BS degree from American University and has attended grad school at American University and University of Alabama as well as attending the Senior Excutive Fellows Program at Harvard. He served as an officer in the United States Army Reserve and retired as an LTC in 2006. He plans to run for election to the ACNA Board in 2010.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you this Bill Congo?

"[Kwajaelin's] the only place where you can do exoatmospheric tests of long-range missiles," says Bill Congo of the Army's Space and Missile Defense Command in Huntsville, Ala., which operates the Kwajalein Range. "We've been testing out there for 40 years, and it's been a very successful facility."

You sound like a serious guy.... good luck in your new position.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That be me. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Since the ACNA president is being so forthright....Bruce?

Well, how'd it go? Was the outcome of your meeting fantastic, craptastic, or somewhere in between? Did the Board address any of the outstanding complaints?

Quick Reply: 2009 ACNA Officer election, and vacant BoD position filled