So we are coming down to the end of the ACNA voting period. No changes to the ballot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So we are coming down to the end of the ACNA voting period. No changes to the ballot?

So all the criticism and complaints lead to no action from the Bod?

I am disappointed. Guess I will have to vote based on what we got, ugh.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default An email was sent to Chapter Reps, there is a proxy ballot calling for a restart of the election.

If you did not receive it your Chapter Rep may be blocking you from receiving it - Yes, there are some chapters who are trying to block changes to the ballot, several of them have candidates running on the existing ballot and do not want the ballot changed!

The email below was sent to ACNA Chapter Reps on November 18. The link at the bottom of this post is to the ACNA Proxy Ballots that can be printed an faxed to Bill Steineke of the Chicagoland Chapter of ACNA (708-387-0741).

The email is below, followed by the text of the Proxy Ballot.

Email to Chapter Reps

All,
I am saddened that the Board of Directors of OUR club is not interested in hearing what it's Chapter Reps have to say. You all know the background information, so I won't beat you over the head with it again.

After much deliberation (and legal consultation), it is the opinion of many concerned Chapter Reps that the most effective means of dealing with the ACNA's latest election fiasco is to attend the Annual Meeting in Daytona and present the BoD with a sufficient number of proxy ballots so that we may force a vote. The way the ACNA bylaws are written, if we have a quorum of membership - 5% - either by proxy or in person, we can raise and vote on ANY club business with the power of said Proxy Ballots behind us.

Our objective is three-fold: First we have to restore integrity to the election process by voiding the election in process and starting fresh. Next we have to amend the bylaws so that the spirit of Article 8.1 is upheld and that going forward (beyond the current election cycle) we are represented by a more geographically diverse Board of Directors. We also wish to amend the Bylaws so that the structure of Robert's Rules of Order replaces the current procedural structure, which is largely absent. It's an "all-or nothing" proposition.

Peter Barada of the North Atlantic Chapter and I are planning on being at the meeting with at least 500 signed proxy ballots in-hand. This is no small task given the amount of time we have - less than three weeks. So now is the time for action and I need your help. Attached is a document, which needs to be signed by Full members only - no associate members. We need one document signed by each member and they need to indicate their membership #. The ballots then need to get back in our hands before we leave for Daytona on December 11th.

If Chapter reps could consolidate their Proxy Ballots and send them to me or to Peter, it would be much appreciated.

You may return them via fax to my home office fax line 708-387-0741

or:

You may scan the original and e-mail it to me: wsteineke@audichicago.org

or:

You may mail them to my home address:

Bill Steineke
4147 Vernon Ave
Brookfield, IL 60513

If each Chapter can return 50 ballots, that would be great. I would like to have plenty of extras on hand in the event that a few of the ballots don't pass muster. Paid Family members can have one vote each.

Time is of the essence and I feel we must do what is right. If you feel the same way, we are counting on your support. If you don't feel the same way, I would still like to hear from you as it's your club too. In our opinion, this is all about fairness and doing what is right - not what is expedient or safe or easy.

Best regards,

Bill Steineke
President
Audi Car Club Chicagoland Chapter

Text of Proxy

A proxy to motion and force vote to:

1) Direct the club (Board and Executive Director) to rescind the current election ballot (as printed in the Fall 2008 Quattro Quarterly), and start the 2008 election to the ACNA Board of Directors over with a call for nominations in the form of a letter to the entire membership that explains the election process, and expend the necessary club funds to achieve such post haste.

2) Put forth the following proposed changes to amend the ACNA Bylaws and direct the club (Board and Executive Director) to execute section 11.3 of the ACNA Bylaws in sending them out to the membership for vote:

A - Section 5.2, to include the wording "Members may not be elected or appointed to the Board if Directors if such duplicates representation by their Chapter on the Board of Directors".

B - Add the following "4.6 Rules of Order. Robert's Rules of Order, newly resolved (10th ed.,1990), shall govern in all cases not provided for within the Bylaws."

3) Assign, to who holds my proxy, all powers applicable by proxy to represent and vote on my behalf in the matters as stated above. This is to include, but is not limited to:

A - Force motion and vote at a Membership or Special meeting of the above two stated items (rescind the ballot/restart the election with a call for nominations, amend the Bylaws sections 5.2 and 4.6).

B - Prevent recess or adjournment of a Membership or Special meeting until the two stated items above (rescind the ballot/restart the election with a call for nominations, amend the Bylaws sections 5.2 and 4.6) are voted upon.

C - Maintain quorum at a Membership or Special meeting for the duration necessary to force a vote of the two stated items above (rescind the ballot/restart the election with a call for nominations, amend the Bylaws sections 5.2 and 4.6).

D - Prevent any amendments at a Membership or Special meeting to the first of the two stated items above (rescind the ballot/restart the election with a call for nominations).

E - Prevent any amendments at a Membership or Special meeting to the second of the two stated items above (amend the Bylaws sections 5.2 and 4.6), except those amendments that would strengthen the proposed Bylaw amendments.

F - Prevent any disciplinary action aimed at those that exercise proxy rights on my behalf at a Membership or Special meeting in executing the two stated items above (rescind the ballot/restart the election with a call for nominations, amend the Bylaws sections 5.2 and 4.6).

Printed Member Name________________________________ Date ______________

Signature of Member _________________________________ Member # _____________
Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

ygm - Bills email address did not work
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Huh. Try these

These should work:
wsteineke@comcast.net
audi.club.chicago@gmail.com
bill@audichicago.org
bills@audichicago.org

I know, choices, choices, choices.

tia for your signatures!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Fear the Miata!

almost as many emails as me....8^)
Old 11-24-2008, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

done tried the first three
Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default And 3 for 3 showed up.

Too bad I can only use one!

Thanks for your Proxy. Please spread the word - we have many more to gather to hit our number.