Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Tips for Audi European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duh! Ignore me, it's late and I'm not thinking right. 12/31/2009 to 3/8/2010 is roughly 2 months so we're all good.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone know if the Munich drop-off location is in downtown Munich or closer to the airport? Thanks!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nvofevery1
Does anyone know if the Munich drop-off location is in downtown Munich or closer to the airport? Thanks!
map link

Audi use Harms/Vikase tracking company for drop off location in many cities, including Munich. You need to call a taxi to get you from Harm to the airport or your hotel.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
map link

Audi use Harms/Vikase tracking company for drop off location in many cities, including Munich. You need to call a taxi to get you from Harm to the airport or your hotel.
Understood. Thank you very much.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hwks1
I'm not clear on this program... just talked to my local dealer. He explained that the discount is 'up to 5%' and it is no different then buying off the lot. In other words he depending on model etc may negotiate up to 5% off with or without ED.... So, whats the benefit (other than the experience itself)?

This dealer denied that his cost is 3% below invoice when doing an ED.

The benefit besides the experience: None.

If you fancy a Volvo, they will give you two RT Air tickets.
Bmw: 2 for 1 tickets!
If you are looking for other benefits, these are the way the Companies rank IMHO.

1. Volvo
2. Bmw
3. Mercedes
4. Audi
5. Porsche - if you qualify for "On case Basis" you pay to do it!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

map link

I would like to add to TIME89's very accurate info. Becareful when typing it into a Garmin as the street is identical just South of Munich, therefore make sure you type the Suburb in correctly or else!!!

Also, if by chance you are traveling with bicycles, it is a very nice bike ride back to the Munich airport. Germany cycling is one of Europe's best kept secrets;-)
Old 01-06-2010, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CFGTTS
The benefit besides the experience: None.

If you fancy a Volvo, they will give you two RT Air tickets
Bmw: 2 for 1 tickets!
If you are looking for other benefits, these are the way the Companies rank IMHO.
From Volvo web site:
  • Two round-trip tickets with Scandinavian Airlines
  • A free first class hotel night in Gothenburg, Sweden
  • Savings off the U.S. MSRP on U.S.-model Volvos (varies by model)
  • Free shipping to your U.S. Volvo dealer <-- they didn't mention that you payed shipping fee in US when purchase your car
They have 20+ drop off location, only GÖTEBORG, SWEDEN is free - rest, from
BREMERHAVEN, GERMANY (€29) to most expensive GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (€577)
And there cars is fugly
and last recall
Volvo recalls over 140K 2001-2005 and 2010 MY vehicles over fuel system issues

----------------------------------
2-4-1 ticket in BMW it's a BS. You have to buy 1 ticket for $1300 + pay taxes on second ($350)=$1650. If you not flying during summer - you can find tickets $700/per (west coast)

BMW and Audi provided free buffet on day of delivery.
Audi provide hotel for first night

Last edited by TIME89; 01-08-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

From Volvo web site:
  • Two round-trip tickets with Scandinavian Airlines
  • A free first class hotel night in Gothenburg, Sweden
  • Savings off the U.S. MSRP on U.S.-model Volvos (varies by model)
  • Free shipping to your U.S. Volvo dealer <-- they didn't mention that you payed shipping fee in US when purchase your car
They have 20+ drop off location, only GÖTEBORG, SWEDEN is free - rest, from
BREMERHAVEN, GERMANY (€29) to most expensive GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (€577)
And there cars is fugly
----------------------------------
2-4-1 ticket in BMW it's a BS. You have to buy 1 ticket for $1300 + pay taxes on second ($350)=$1650. If you not flying during summer - you can find tickets $700/per (west coast)

BMW and Audi provided free buffet on day of delivery.
Audi provide hotel for first night
Volvo has swedish meatball lunch too!!!

Let's not forget about what you get when you get home too! Warranties and Maintenance perks from some.

Shipping fee for Volvo? are you talking Destination charge? Which is what Audi charges too?!?! Is that what you mean?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CFGTTS
Volvo has swedish meatball lunch too!!!

Let's not forget about what you get when you get home too! Warranties and Maintenance perks from some.

Shipping fee for Volvo? are you talking Destination charge? Which is what Audi charges too?!?! Is that what you mean?
Yes, destination charges include in every car price - it doesn't matter if you pick up your car at dealer or fly to Germany.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Where's My Car?

I left my S5 with Audi's shipper in Paris on November 27.

Haven't heard anything from my dealer about expected arrival (which should be soon), so I called my salesman yesterday.

He didn't know where the car is. Actually asked me if I had been given any tracking info so I could find out myself.

He later found what he believed was info on my car -- that it was loaded on a ship on December 28 -- a month after I had left the car in Europe.

That means I may not get my car until some time toward the end of this month. And that presumes that the info he was seeing is correct.

He was going to check on this and get right back to me. That was around mid-day yesterday, and so far to reply.

Really beginning to regret the European delivery program. I'd strongly advise against believing any claims that your car will arrive in about 6 weeks after you leave it in Europe. My 6 week date is tomorrow, and Audi can't even tell me where my car is, much less when to expect it.

Very unhappy here.

Quick Reply: Tips for Audi European Delivery