Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A2DP 3G MMI Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A2DP 3G MMI Bluetooth Question

I just got my 2012 Q5. As many of you have lamented, I was also disappointed that the MMI does not connect to the iphone audio players (Seriously shame on you Audi. What were your engineer's thinking? SD Cards for audio??? It was 2011 when you designed this).

Therefore, I recently installed an Audi A2DP into my 2012 Q5. Here is the link. Audi MMI 3G Bluetooth Music Streaming - Audi MMI 3G Bluetooth A2DP Music Streaming

The player worked great! However I noticed one small problem. The device is powered automatically in the glove box when it is connected to the port. And it appears to draw power even after the vehicle is turned off. I have a couple questions for anyone who might know:

1. Is this a danger to draining the battery?

2. Is there any setting I can ask my local Audi dealer for to shut power to the glovebox when the vehicle is turned off?

My concerns are mostly related to the battery since this could in theory be powered 24/7 for the next 5 years (or as long as I have the vehicle). The other problem is that my phone stays connected to that unit while I am inside my house. Which makes it difficult to connect my other Bluetooth devices around the house.

As of now it seems like my only option is to unplug it from the power source every time I leave the car. Which is not impossible, but I really don't want to stretch across into the glove box every time I leave the car.

Does anyone have suggestions???