Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally a cheap way to Bluetooth music A2dp

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally a cheap way to Bluetooth music A2dp

I've been looking for ages so now I've found a way for under £20 I thought I'd share.

I brought one of these AMI-LY-005 eBay for £15, plugged it in and nothing then I done a bit of research and despite my stereo charging iPhone when using the ami to iPhone cable or my Android when using the ami to female Usb cable it seems most of these bluetooth adaptors need to be hard wired which I think is why people with stereos without the controls by the gear stick are having problems.

So I basically picked up a car lighter socket and Usb A male to Usb A male cable.

Plugged the AMI-LY-005 into the Ami in the glove box, plugged the car lighter socket in and connected the Usb cable, one end to the lighter socket and one end to the Bluetooth adapter and I'm up and running for under £20. Now to just route the cable and hide it behind the dash

For cars with 2g or 3g mmi I think you just need the adaptor as I believe they supply enough power
Old 05-01-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How's it been working?

Thought I'd check in before I buy to see how it's been working out for you. Thanks in advance