Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 07-25-2016, 01:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
vSee related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

SD Card and MMI

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1...I reformatted my 64gb sd card to FAT and Audi now recognizes it

Originally Posted by bmarr
You can definitely use larger SD cards. You do need to format them to FAT32, and MMI has a size limit on the number of folders and subfolders. I currently have all my music (over 9,000 files) on one 128 SDXC Pro card, set up by genre/artist/album/track, and it works fine.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

How's the video quality? Anyone else try out video?

Originally Posted by 116Crew
So I bought a 128GB card (Link below) and loaded more than 7,000 song and it worked great on my 2015 A3 MMI Navigation! Even plays movies in .m4v. Will try more video format and report back. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-16-2016, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

hi, has anyone overcome the limitations with number of music folders and/or files in the SD card? I had to delete a lot of music in order for MMI to recognise the artists beginning with "Z". Overall, I must say the MMI capabilities are below my expectations.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

how many tracks do you have? could be too high

as much as MMI isn't perfect, i've tried MB, BMW, and Audi, and I think Audi has the most usable system of all three

Originally Posted by rasitha
hi, has anyone overcome the limitations with number of music folders and/or files in the SD card? I had to delete a lot of music in order for MMI to recognise the artists beginning with "Z". Overall, I must say the MMI capabilities are below my expectations.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

hi, i had just over 5000 songs. I had to remove a lot from the SD card for MMI to recognise A ~ Z artists. What's the limit? Is it songs or folders or both?
Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's hard to say since you don't list the year, model, and system type in your car. I'm pretty sure the manual for my '11 A4 with MMI lists the max as 4000 songs. The '13 and later MMI models had a higher limit, which I believe was per/folder.

I would think the answer would be in your owners manual.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dscline
It's hard to say since you don't list the year, model, and system type in your car. I'm pretty sure the manual for my '11 A4 with MMI lists the max as 4000 songs. The '13 and later MMI models had a higher limit, which I believe was per/folder.

I would think the answer would be in your owners manual.
Hi, thanks for the response. It's a Q5 latest model. Appreciated.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Then this should apply to you.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Playlist Export Question

Originally Posted by vincenz0
Just an FYI that I struggled with trying to do this for a couple of hours tonight and couldn't get it to work. Finally shelled out the $5 for the Playlist Export App (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id434426826?mt=12) and it worked!

This was for a 2010 S4.

One thing to note though is that the playlists were greyed out for a short period when I first loaded the card. The music would play (from the folders, not the playlists) and I was about to give up because I couldn't even click into the "Playlist" option, see terrible photo below.

But after a couple of minutes I went back and could access the Playlists and everything worked!

Hi Vincenzo,

I saw that you used Playlist Export to get working playlists on your SD Card. I have been trying to make Playlist Export work for a couple of weeks with no luck so far. I always end up with a greyed out playlists folder, but all of the songs play with no problem directly. I am pretty sure that I have some program setting set the wrong way and wondered if you could provide some guidance on how you got it to work.

Thanks in advance!

John

2010 A5 Cabriolet
Old 03-05-2016, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi, the issue I have is that some songs (can't find any logical pattern) are greyed out. Not just from playlist, but when I go into the artist folder as well. My understanding is that SD card has no permission issue, so if I purchased in iTunes under my UK or US account, it should still work. I am using a 2015 / Q5. Any ideas?
thanks in advance

Quick Reply: SD Card and MMI