Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius upgrade this morning - now no volume control

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius upgrade this morning - now no volume control

So my radio experienced the Sirius upgrade this morning and I followed the directions that I received via email a few days ago, which were basically: don't touch anything until it runs through the upgrade. So after 2 or 3 minutes all is well and I can scroll through the stations and my presets are all intact. Good news! Except now I cannot control the volume on any Sirius channel. Not with the volume button on the console or the wheel on the steering wheel. However, both buttons work fine on all AM & FM stations and I can control the volume up & down without any problem. After adjusting the volume on an FM station I can hop over to Sirius and the volume is now set at the level I left the FM station at. Anyone experiencing a similar issue?? I did the MMI reboot and have done a number of shut down/re-starts to see if that would clear it up. No such luck. I have a 2015 A6 Prestige with MMI v.0814. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

This has happened twice: once a few months ago and again, this morning. The first time it happened, turning the car off then starting it resolved the issue. This may have been simply a coincidence. Today, turning the car off/on several times did not remedy the issue. When I left work, the volume worked fine. When attempting to adjust the volume, the message below appeared. It may be a Sirius issue, not a serious issue. One day, I'll stop in service and ask.

Attempting to adjust volume with either volume **** on console or scroll wheel on steering wheel produces this message on the screen
Old 12-14-2015, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I had EXACTLY the same problem this past Friday 12/11/2015. Exactly. No sound from the radio and the volume control "Currently Unavailable." Went into the grocery store and by the time I got back out to the car and started it, everything was working fine again. No idea what was going on.

-Charles
Old 12-14-2015, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Since posting in August, this has happened twice again. Must be a Sirius issue as I was able to control sound on FM channels; not much different when channels unavailable while updating albeit channel updates take less than a minute. Not worth my time going to dealer as it resolves when I get back in car after work.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=AMDG75;24753820 Must be a Sirius issue as I was able to control sound on FM channels; not much different when channels unavailable while updating albeit channel updates take less than a minute. Not worth my time going to dealer as it resolves when I get back in car after work.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm just glad to know it isn't something wrong with the car. I was pretty pissed when it happened. I have less than 1000 miles on this car so far and I was thinking I was dealing with some kind of failure. Anyway, glad you posted this so we all have a better idea of what's going on.

-Charles