Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer Install

After reading all the posts about augmenting the B&O with a sub that replaces the factory one, and reading how most folks ended up adding an amp anyway, I decided to skip that step and treated myself to a professionally installed subwoofer system today in my 2015 B8.5. After the technician installed the Kenwood XR6001 amp and the LC2 processor in the space conveniently left open by Audi in the same space for the factory gear, I was instructed to sit in the car for a blind listening test of the JL10W3V34 and Focal's 10" flax sub. There was of course an uptick in price for the Focal, and I had balked at paying a premium for the Focal initially, but figured if I had gone this far, I might as well have the one that best suited me. I was completely surprised to find I preferred the JL because while not as smooth as the Focal, it provided what I can only call "more presence." My initial reaction to the JL that was encased in the trapezoid box is very favorable in all aspects. I can't wait for it to settle in after the break in period. Finally, placement of the bass **** was a big concern going into this. I didn't want it to be obvious or conspicuous. The attached picture is the **** residing in the spot formerly held by the cigarette lighter (I don't smoke). I think it made for a classy install!
Attached Images