Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > General Car Discussion > Auto Detailing Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 23533

Default Best way to get dead bugs off the front end of my car?

I drove from LA to AZ about a month ago, and my whole front end was basically a bug magnet, end result was lots of dead bees, and different bugs smashed into the front end of my bumper. Fast forward a month later Im trying to clean my car and none of the bugs are coming off, they are stuck, even with a pressure washer they wont come off. Any sprays or anything I can use to get the bugs off completely? Thanks

Long Live KAWF
CleanAudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
Account #: 890

Default The best way I know

is to do a forum search. Consensus seems to be that getting them thoroughly soaked and wet all the way through will facilitate removal. You could try covering them with warm wet soapy towels for an hour or two. Others have suggested WD-40 and commercial bug/tar removers, but they will take off your wax (and WD leaves silicone and petro residue which makes waxing very difficult). Don't pressure wash or scrub too hard, they are not embedded in the clear coat, just stuck to the surface temporarily!

And don't use those "special" bug removal sponges from Pep, multiple applications of safe soaps and cleaners should eventually do the trick.
phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 47276

Default I use 1Z Anti-Insekt for bug removal. Works really well.

I think Detailers Paradise still carries it.

Former: 1995 90CSQ, 2002 S4 Sedan, 2004 S4 Avant
Current: 2006 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab TRD
Reg Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 5808

Default The best is just plain old cooking lard !! Dab it on and by morning

they will be as soft as butter. Lard won't hurt the paint or the wax. I lived in Florida for 17 years and you talk about bugs on the front end, well lard did the trick every time. But if they have been on for a month you might need a hair dryer to warm up the bugs and lard together as this will help soften them a bit.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
Account #: 890

Default I thought you were building up to a punchline

like the neighborhood wildlife will lick off the lard and the bugs together!
phred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
audi, black, bug, bugs, bumper, car, dead, end, front, newly, remover, stuck, tips, vechiles, waxed, wont