Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Brakes Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 279814

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED!! piston came off the calipers

So i was changing my rear brake pads on my Audi A4 2009 1.8T. I had my electronic handbrake off and while I was changing the brake pads, the hand brake went ON automatically. Hence the piston would not compress all the way in.
So I tried turning the handbrake off by pressing the button (nut in order to do that I had to press the brake). When I pressed the brake the piston came off the caliper completely.
So i took the calipers off the car and took them to the local brake shop. As the local brake shop do not see many audi's they havve no clue what to do with it.
The handbrake I believe is still on.
What do I do. I really need to start driving
abhu006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Chief of Goat control
Account #: 20

Send a message via MSN to Kris Hansen

If it came all the way out, that's not good. The caliper will most likely need to be rebuilt at the worst, at the best, someone who knows what they are doing needs to put the piston back in.

What caused the parking brake to activate? When you use the vag-com to retract the parking brakes, nothing should be able to override it.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 279814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Hansen View Post
If it came all the way out, that's not good. The caliper will most likely need to be rebuilt at the worst, at the best, someone who knows what they are doing needs to put the piston back in.

What caused the parking brake to activate? When you use the vag-com to retract the parking brakes, nothing should be able to override it.
I think the parking brake goes on automatically after about 5 minutes of the car being stopped. The car does not ave Vag co. Just the electrnic button in the middle.
I would get someone to put the piston back in. However the I am in small town in Australia where not pmany people drive Europeans and hence the brake guys would not touch it.

Is there anyway I can put the piston back in? The rubber seal looks good.
abhu006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement