GTA + Cayuga photos

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least your wheels would've looked more original ;-)
Old 06-04-2008, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your clutch is at ~75k, mine is at 132k. Comon Carmine. *rolls eyes*
Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Uhh...what? I'll be by for the whole story.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bah...never mind your c'mon.

By virtue of trap speeds and ET's, your car was faster than mine. By virtue of my superior driving skills, I was able to win FOUR STRAIGHT races. Further proof is that when I outlaunched you, you were able to make up some ground and make the race close. When you outlaunched me, your initial lead grew. Easy stuff.

So, our races seem to be decided at the launch. Knowing that you're willing to do "the Tgr_Clw" to your clutch, and me being unwilling to try the same, I will concede that there will not be much of a race.

My car is a 14.0s car. Can I get 13.7 if I launch at 4000? probably. Can I then get 13.65 if I remove my sub box and both mine and my car's spare tires? Probably. Can I then get 13.5 if I remove my back seats? Probably. Can I then get 13.4 if I get piggies? Maybe. Can I then get 13.3 if I get an 8 puck clutch and use race gas. Maybe. Can I get 12.0 if I "Jet Jockey" my car? Probably. But until I do all or some of the above, my car is a 13.9-14.0 second car.

So, be happy with your clutch-life shortening 13.5 and go find some bartenders.

BTW. Treated well, our clutches could probably go 150K and beyond. Beating them mercilessly at the track will severely shorten that life...so at 87 or 132 they're both a few runs closer to death.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Tks.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default So now your excuse is that I'm willing to launch at more than 2000+ (a la Carmine)?

When did choosing a launch speed that works for you become something that cheapens a win?

I think you have somewhat taken my humble objectivity of the events at Cayuga a little for granted. I chose to emphasize your 4 races "won" as opposed to all my better times (even w/o launching) hoping that you would be just as objective and graceful. But since you have gone there...

I choked for the first 4 races. Plain and simple. Could I have beaten you? Definitely. Could I have gone 6 and 0, most probably. I took out my spare so it would not leave any excuses, whether I won or lost. I told you before we raced to take out your spare so that you wouldn't have anything to blame. I completely forgot that you even had a subwoofer and I completely didn't know about your 2 sets of brake pads.

My point is that after the first 4 races, my feet and mind clicked. I launched at a speed that was just enough to not get any bog at the start. Launching at 3000-3500rpm is hardly over-agressive (considering we're already on a drag strip). I figured out how and when to drop the clutch to get a better start, a better time and higher speed. Why does that cheapen my win as opposed to being commended for driver skill? You could have dropped your clutch at a higher rpm, but you chose not to. You could have taken your sub, spare and accessories out, but you chose not to. You chose not to do those things yourself, but why cheapen your opponents win for choosing to do it?

We're car enthusiasts, we add things to make our cars go faster and handle better, we take things out to make it lighter and quicker, and ultimately we do it to beat someone else. Why cheapen a win by saying things like "I could have done that, but I didn't" or "If I took this out it would have been different"?

I didn't just mash on the gas and let 'er rip, there were a number of things that made my last 2 runs great. I didn't just beat you by a nose on those 2 runs, I absolutely dominated you. Your car was barely in sight when I looked back. That large of a difference should really leave you to wonder if your driving skills are really as good as I gave you credit for (and for the credit that you accepted). Was that gap caused by a spare tire and some extra brake pads? Like I said before Carmine, c'mon. *rolls eyes*

To sum it up, I remember you asked me if I wanted to run again after the last 2 races and I declined. I was satisfied with my own achievement and felt no need to prove myself again (plus I didn't want to push my luck for not breaking anything). I felt like that because in that moment, I knew that even if we were to do 4 more races, I would have beaten you hands down again and again. That's how in the zone I was.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow...a lot of emo there.

If you read my post carefully, I was giving you and your car credit for being faster...(and, of course, I mixed it in with a little ball breaking: ex: By virtue of my superior driving skills, I was able to win FOUR STRAIGHT races....f, man, don't you get the busting?).

To clarify - and I believe this is how I put it. When I launched better, I hung on. When you launched better, you beat me handily....re-read my post. Do you want me to be blatant about it and say that if we raced nine times, I believe it would have been 5-4 for you? (cough...assuming no misshift...cough)

Now, the comparison we didn't have was if we both launched well - and at 2-2500rpm - how would we have faired? I'm very comfortable in saying that you would beat me every time...your car is faster.

Was I trying to detract from your driving skill or cheapen your win by saying that you only won by dropping it at 3500? Absolutely not...because then it would cheapen the wins that I won (grammar?) due to a misshift. I think that 3500-4000 (and maybe even higher) revs is the best rev to launch our cars to minimize bog...hey, it was the right revs for my Probe GT (ok, maybe a little high) and my Topaz L (ok, maybe that was redline for the Topaz) back in the day, so why not an S4. Given the fragile nature of a clutch and the added stress of the AWD, I'm not dropping at 4,000 until I get an 8 puck.

And please, appreciate that I gave 0.05s for a spare and subbox in my "analysis"...I didn't ever claim that it would make a half second difference. My point was that - and I believe Dave made a similar comparison - there are many ways to make your car quicker. Given my set up and driving style, I'm good for 13.9-14.0. Given your setup you're good for 13.7 consistently.

You know what, screw all this emo ****e - I already have a wife. I beat you 4 straight. You beat me the last 2.

F the clutch. You want a rematch?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For Round 3 I will be renting out my services as the reaction and 60 foot king :-)
Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yah, but I think we need to "normalize" that based on nanotech's analysis.

Maybe we should all just go at "green" and forget the reaction times.

Quick Reply: GTA + Cayuga photos