Quattro's Rule !! Snow causes Traffic Havoc, its been coming down at a rapid pace this mornin

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: You're welcome

I'm very familiar with the 4000 quattro's awesome capabilities. I'm MUCH older than any of you think I am. I remember bias ply tires. Heck, I remember when radial snow tires first hit the North American market. I actually bought the first Continental Contact tires available in my area. Not as magical as those weird Metzler Blue ice tires but brilliant in their own way.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sit back and learn from the masters

The Lancia Delta Integrale was unbeatable. The Stratos was rwd. Awesome in its own right, but merely rwd.

F1 is the pinnacle. Watch carefully and you'll see the razor sharp balance between understeer and oversteer in action.

Very interesting is the recent F1 championship by Renault with their absolutely pig of an understeering car, with a torque monster of a motor and perhaps one of the finest natural drivers since Senna at the wheel.

As I say, watch carefully and learn....
Old 12-21-2005, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dream on tiger, dream on

I have both.

Fwd with snow tires exhibits none of your supposed symptoms.

I do enjoy the crisp bite of awd on launch however.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:57 PM

Default hows GM service for your SAAB ?

Muahahahahaha
Old 12-21-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Hey Brady Have you seen this Vid of Ari Vatanen going up Pikes Peak in

his turbocharged Peugeot 405 T16. This guy has ***** of steel,notice how close he rides the edges on a 4000ft drop !!<ul><li><a href="http://www.ivga.com/sprintcarmod/Pikes%20Peak%20Video/PikesPeak.mpg">66mb, Right click-Save as</a></li></ul>
Old 12-22-2005, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Learning from the masters

Turbonater said: F1 is the pinnacle. Watch carefully and you'll see the razor sharp balance between understeer and oversteer in action.

MontrealUrQ replies: I will gladly learn from the masters, but expecting to learn about understeer and oversteer by watching Schumi or Alonso drive their slotcars around an F1 circuit is a false hope.

Turbonater said: The Lancia Delta Integrale was unbeatable. The Stratos was rwd. Awesome in its own right, but merely rwd.

MontrealUrQ replies: Thank you for stating those factoids. The Delta Integrale was indeed unbeatable, but it wasn't a Group B car, and it wasn't competing against a factory Audi team. And who said anything about the Stratos? If anything the 037 or the Delta S4 should be referenced. At least they competed against the Quattros.

Turbonater said: Very interesting is the recent F1 championship by Renault with their absolutely pig of an understeering car, with a torque monster of a motor and perhaps one of the finest natural drivers since Senna at the wheel.

MontrealUrQ replies: Yes, it was interesting to watch. It's not the first time a fantastic driver has overcome an ill-handling chassis and beaten the odds. Funny that the term understeering pig is familiar to us all. Never heard of an oversteering pig. Have you?

I imagine that by now not many people are following this thread. But you have managed to whip up quite a storm, and it's getting ugly, especially in the newer thread above. If that was your goal, then you've succeeded. I sincerely hope it wasn't, though. Nonetheless, please stop before people get banned.

I enjoy these debates, and will sometimes oppose a friend's view just so that we can have an intelligent debate until there is no more beer in the garage. Not all share my outlook, though.

It's been a slice.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yup, awesome footage!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Better than VW's for your Audi

and I need less of it.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member