Unofficial Q5 price...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nevermind that it is a car and a hobby and how expensive it is. This hobby of mine as nothing...

To do with the question I'm posing.

Would you be asking me the same question if I were to buy a stunt plane and do aerobatics with it only during the summer months. What would that have to do with buying a SUV or pick up truck.

Better yet let us hit closer to home your home Ed. What about people that spend $25K or $50K or even $250K on home audio/video stuff? You of all people that pushes $80 CF wall plates for plugs? What is it, your $400 CF electrical plugs? What about electrical wiring and perhaps audio wiring worth $500/meter if not more?

What does this expensive hobby have to do with buying a pick up or SUV?

Believe me I know what you sale and how much it cost to buy it and I'm perfectly fine with it because people that can afford your products and know about them are willing to pay for them but this being a hobby like my track car as nothing to do with people buying a "utility" vehicle for use as a personal transportation.

However this said I won't be going down the street arms in the air trying to stop people from buying them, they are entitled to their choice of trucks.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I agree 100%...SUVs are just overweight wagons. The "higher"= better view of road is a poor analogy

SUVs should pay an insurance premium for blocking a following driver's view of the road ahead. If the majority of vehicles were of the same relative height, roads would be safer, that is, if drivers were proactive in looking at the road ahead instead of playing "follow the leader".

I will never drive behind an SUV for an extended period of time. I must always pass so that I can see the road ahead. I feel much safer doing so.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:03 PM

Default people like what they like, i wonder the same thing when i see people driving...

most domestics really! regardless of SUV, wagon, or sedan.

even in my showroom...i see it every day.
very abbreviated version

Me; "Mr./Mrs Customer would you consider one of our Avant models?"
Cust: "what is the Avant?"
Me "It is our wagon version of the A4/A6"
Cust: "Oh...I cant drive a wagon!"

I dont understand it at all...i mean if you dont NEED a 3rd row ANY of our Avants or even the A3 (for the smaller needs) will work just fine...but people want what they want for what ever reason they have and we would have to poll the entire SUV word t find out why.

my 2 cents...carry on
Old 02-11-2009, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default People who are buying a SUV or whatever is actually driving it everyday. Whereas you, your car is

only for tracking.

As for home audio. People are buying expensive equipments that are using it for it's purposes. It's harder to compare cars and audio. A car can be modify to a point where it's only good for the track and can't really be use for everyday transportation.

Whereas audio, you are modifying an unit to make it sound better but it still service it's purposes that it was intended for.

I'm not too sure if you know what I mean.

But each to it's own. Different strokes for different people.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Default Is the Premium fully loaded or are there many more options that can be added?

The BMW X3 fully loaded is about $61,000 plus taxes.
If the Q5 Premium is fully loaded for $48,500 then it's not a bad price, relatively speaking.

A nearly fully-loaded M-B GLK is $54,000 plus taxes. So again, the Q5 Premium may not be such a high price.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Here's what Alex sent me... But there's no pricing on the pkg or options.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/83897923/6b8d534f/2009_Q5_Specs.html">Q5 Order Guide</a></li></ul>
Old 02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A bit more info...

Audi Q5 3.2 FSI

Standard equipment for this model include:

- 270 hp; 243 ft.lb torque
- 10.4 L/100 km combined city/hwy label value fuel consumption
- Five passenger seating
- Six speed Tiptronic transmission
- Symphony radio with 6 disc CD changer
- 10 speaker audio system with digital signal processing
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Multifunction steering wheel
- 18" wheels and tires
- LED taillights
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Aluminum door sills
- Aluminum interior trim
- Leather seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- Eight way power front seats
- Chrome roof rails
- Cross bars for roof rails
- Interior lighting package

Audi Q5 3.2 FSI Premium includes equipment in Standard trim plus:

- Panorama sunroof
- Xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lamps
- Headlamp washers
- Light &amp; rain sensors
- Power folding exterior mirror
- Rear parking sensors
- Power tailgate close
- Audi Music Interface
- Bluetooth
- Wood interior trim
- 3 zone climate control
- Driver seat memory and heated rear seats

There are 3 option packages available on the Premium model.

- The Navigation package on the Audi Q5 debuts the 3rd generation Audi MMI hard drive navigation technology including a 7-inch display screen in 800x480 VGA resolution, 3D map topography, rear view camera, voice control, single CD/DVD audio player, 2 SD card slot and 1 USB slot.

- The Technology package is consistent with A4/A5 technology package:
Audi Advance Key, Audi Side Assist, Adaptive Lights, and Homelink.

- The S line package further enhances the progressive sporty nature of the Audi Q5 by adding:
20" alloy wheels with performance tires, S line front and rear bumper, S line door sills, S line badge on fender, black interior headliner, brushed aluminum interior trim and S line 3-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It was about time!
Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It's the tires, not the vehicle. SUVs are stuck all the time with AS tires

20 years ago if you wanted space you got a wagon - sorry avant or a pickup. OR if you're really weird a Jeep Cherokee
Old 02-12-2009, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This is priced rather competitively against the GLK. Thanks Alex - I will send to my uncle.