Maryland Inspection Q

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maryland Inspection Q

Brand New to MD from ATL where the inspection laws are not as strict.

I have an inspection coming up for my 2000 Audi A6 2.7t that I am beginning to feel nervous about. From the list of things they check, and the a-holes in general that people deal with at these inspection places, it sounds like I will more than likely fail due to modification (nothing emissions related)

-Currently sitting on ST Coilovers that are adjustable (heard they fail for coilovers, or if height is not within standard, but I've heard different height requirements from different people. What are the specification's for ride height requirements here?)

-window tint on back windows and rear windshield are at 20%, and apparently cops are sticklers here for tint, and I wouldn't pass inspection with them. Any experiences with this issue?

-small oil leak that I cannot pinpoint currently (just moved and am unable to get underneath vehicle to pinpoint where. Passenger side, rear/side of engine block underneath car has oil on lines and hoses)

As I'm sure it's been covered in other posts, I'm looking for a place that you believe would pass my vehicle. I'm not really wanting to remove my tint and have to remove struts/adjust height since I just got both done and aligned. So if anyone knows of anybody/any place that will pass me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I understand a lot of places will if you know somebody, but being new has me in a pickle. I need this passed ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

On the tints, they all gotta go for you to pass...

On the ride height, I'd say since you're adjustable, just raise everything as high as possible to pass, then lower it after...

On the oil leak, generally they'll let you go on that depending on how serious it is...

godspeed