New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Idaho New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idaho New Guy

What's goin on guys? New guy here from Idaho. Just bought my first Audi which happens to also be my first German car.

I bought a 2005 S4 4.2l manual with 60k miles on it and a clean title. Completely bone stock minus Bilstein Coilovers and a K&N airfilter. Absolutely immaculate.

Bought it from an older gentleman who only drove it on weekends.

I'm here to learn and start upgrading.

I've been looking hard into JHM. Looking to probably buy a used exhaust parts soon if anyone is selling

I'll read the stickys, but if anyone has some immediate advice I'll take it!

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From and older gentleman who only drove it on weekends? Hum.
But the mileage would reflect that the information might be true.
You might want to consider some more power with a piggy back chip.
Both Race Chip and Chipwerke make them and if you look on the first page of this forum under search and key in Race Chip, you will find more information than you will care to read.
I have the Chipwerke module and love it on my 2009 A4 Cabriolet. I believe I am getting a 25% boost in power and on the 2009 A4 that comes to 250 hp, more than enough for me.
Do send us a photo.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Firefighter, thank you for your reply.

the older gentleman I bought it from was the second owner. He owned it for over 10 years and only put about 30k miles on it. I would say that is pretty dang on part with a weekend driver.

Thank you for the chip advice/idea! I will definitely look into it.

My dad is a pipe fitter welder so we will be making a 2.5" catback exhaust with an Xpipe crossover. Not sure what mufflers I want to go with yet.

in doing the catback I have been reading that I should gut the precats. Do you by chance have any experience with this and if it threw any codes?

here she is in all her glory. OZ three piece wheels as well.

Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi:
Beautiful looking Audi.
Sorry to say my experience is limited to my now sold 1987 Pontiac Fiero turbocharged V6. I installed the turbocharger which had to be limited to boost pressure of 8 as the outside limit for the stock V6 was 10.
I also installed a water/alcohol injection system which at the onset of boost pressure kicked in and injected a water and alcohol mist into the throttle body. Theory here is that the boosted pressure causes the air to become much hotter than ambient air temperature and the water/ alcohol mix cooled the intake. Cooler air contains more oxygen that hot air. To check the cooling affect just pour some rubbing alcohol on your hand and you will get the idea. As a joke I pasted a Jack Daniels label to the water/ alcohol unit.
Sorry for getting off track here, but much good luck with the S4.