New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Looking to purchase an S4, advise

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase an S4, advise

So i just turned 28 in June and i always wanted an Audi and finally i will start looking for one. I think i need some luxury and fun.

I started doing some research and i came to the conclusion that i wanted a 14 S4 its close to my budget.

I called a dealership and scheduled a test drive loved the car immediately.

Coming from a Focus st. My previous car list:

08 Mazdaspeed 3
2011 STI
2013 BRZ
14 Focus ST

Its time for a grown up car

Anyways they didn't have any used 14 S4s however they did have a LOANER S4 with 11K miles with tech pack, red and black interior pretty much a fully loaded one. I drove it and it seem to be in mint conditions. They told me they could sell it for $47k after some negotiating they went down to $45k and $500 for new tires, with that stupid $299 processing fee. They wanted to give me $19k for my ST which is paid off, so basically i would be financing the car for $26,899 (with Audi care).

Well i slept on it and did some more research on the car and stumble upon a 14 S4 with 9k miles same color with tech pack except all black interior in CA for only $39k.....so i immediately felt cheated, Of course i called the dealership and told them about that one and they said we cant do that no way impossible. So i backed out.

I called the dealership in CA and asked the manager why the car was so cheap if theres anything wrong with it? He said nothing its just that we are in CA and we "move" cars quicker than Oklahoma.

So what should i do?

Is buying a Loaner a good idea? I know people using those cars pretty much love trashing the car.

On a side note, when i test drove the loaner it felt a bit sluggish on power from the new one i drove, not sure if a setting was different or something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Used S4

Great choice of car... you won't be disappointed. Have you checked carmax or cars.com? These should give you a good indication of the going rate for an S4. Just curious, but is the car certified, a CPO vehicle with extended warranty to 100k miles or 6 years? If not, I would consider looking for another option... also what other options are on the car, I personally think the sport differential is a must have. Be patient, there are plenty of options out there...
Old 07-19-2015, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eire42
Great choice of car... you won't be disappointed. Have you checked carmax or cars.com? These should give you a good indication of the going rate for an S4. Just curious, but is the car certified, a CPO vehicle with extended warranty to 100k miles or 6 years? If not, I would consider looking for another option... also what other options are on the car, I personally think the sport differential is a must have. Be patient, there are plenty of options out there...
I saw them going for around $45k and up but with more miles, in theory i think the deal i was giving was good but when i saw this model, Used Audi S4 For Sale Los Angeles, CA - CarGurus

I did not want to pull the trigger.

Car still has Audi warranty but no dealer warranty if that makes sense.

I not very familiar with all the options with Audi, new to this, I would have to ask what else the car has to offered besides the tech pack.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome on Board & I say go for it blindly man !