New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New Member Initiation

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Initiation

I have a 2000 A4 Quattro with 150,000 amazingly dependable miles on it. I bought it in 2005 with 40,000 miles with the persuasion of a good friend. The thought of a turbo sounded fun as all get out but I had never even looked at one or driven a boosted car. Fast forward those 110,000 miles and I am now the owner of a 2008 A4 Quattro S Line.
I drove from Spokane to Salt Lake City to trade in my tired Jeep Liberty for what turned out to be a poorly advertised jewel. Pix online showed the S line badge on the grill but I certainly wasn't going to ask! The trunk lip, air intake....I knew I had something a bit better than they thought.
So off I go back home 700 miles to Spokane. A decent test drive since I basically bought it sight unseen. No problems the entire way home. The computer says I got 31mpg....My math was not as optimistic.
The next morning I go out to drool and slober all over my beautiful bright red Quattro. I fire it up, back out of the garage and see that I have a CEL on now. Upon driving it I see she is running like somebody stole my 2nd and 3rd pistons while I slept. That kicked in the nuts and I need to throw up feeling washed over me suddenly. I popped the hood and the #1 coil pack was soaked in oil. Something that was not the case when I stopped for gas on the way home at 330 miles. Took it over to Checker Auto parts and their reader spit out a low boost code 0299.
The DIV was the new design and didn't need replaced. But I didn't want to play hit and miss getting this figured out. I had to get a new valve cover gasket no matter what. Since that is tied to the PCV I got one of those also. I didn't want to replace just the one CP so I got a set of four with new iridium plugs. For around 300.00 I did what I call a tune up on a 2.0t. After all was removed and replaced, which took less than an hour(seriously impressed) to do, it runs like a sewing machine. It idles perfectly. It cleared it's own CEL.

Long story long

Hi everybody.....I am a new to me 2008 A4 owner