ACNA Thill weekend... perfect weather (clear skies, +70 deg., not windy), great event!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACNA Thill weekend... perfect weather (clear skies, +70 deg., not windy), great event!

Thanks to Gordon, Terry, Dean, Dean, my instructor Jon and everyone else.

I learned a lot during the event including this...

Nissan Skyline GT-Rs are nicknamed "Godzilla" for a reason. See pix via link below. I'm behind the red VW, Godzilla is behind me (for the next few seconds).<ul><li><a href="http://gotbluemilk.com/web090110/d41/imagepages/image47.html">http://gotbluemilk.com/web090110/d41/imagepages/image47.html</a></li></ul>
Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Great to have you and 101 other ACGG members at Thunderhill. Hope to see more

club members driving Laguna Seca...gonna be a blast. We will have more pictures on the website soon.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Who owned the B8 A4? Looks like it was lowered. Is it a Stasis car?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default YES! a big 'thank you' to ACNA and all the organizers & volunteers for a great wkend!

I ran 3 days straight (Fri w/ Bonni's TEAM-racing.org). Was the longest track wkend I've ever had. Definitely could feel myself being tired on afternoon of the 3rd day. Had some great pics of my car on the track and I'm really feeling comfortable w/ Thunderhill now (after 1 wkend event last Nov). It's a really fun and technical track. Am sorting thru and reviewing my in-car videos now (lap times &amp; what I did differently).

Hey Bill, how would you like the video footage of the 2 laps when I was being your chase-cam on Sunday AM? I could upload it to my vimeo acct and send u the link, and you can download it off of there or show it to your friends or instructor. Just LMK!

Oh yeah, and the GTR is menace looking in the mirros AND have menacing performance on the track (in the hand of a pretty decent driver). Tho it had drive train issue Sun afternoon and had to limp off the track. Hope it was just the computer going into clutch overheat protection mode and everything else was okay.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The white B8 A4 had Stasis goodies on it.. and more to come.

I met the owner, Cliff, who said he was instructing that weekend. Besides the Champion wheels, rear sway, and Alcon brakes, I'm not sure what other things it has installed. He mentioned side skirts, new rear valence, and dual exhaust were in the works.

I ran with Bonni's group on Friday and hung around to see the early arrivers of the Audi weekend show up.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh, and great seeing all the people...

that I've met before (Bill, Joe, Dave, Gordon, Larry, Lauren, Morgan...etc), and meeting a few new faces. I think Bruce (gofastt) may be the only new one that's on the forum...? Hope to see you all out there again!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Us guys from the NW had a BLAST! Thank you for everything! It was an amazing time.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:12 AM

Default yup, great weather this weekend and a lot of fun...

great to see all the track folks out there.

lets do it again at laguna <ul><li><a href="http://gotbluemilk.com/web090110/x10/imagepages/image35.html">http://gotbluemilk.com/web090110/x10/imagepages/image35.html</a</li></ul>
Old 01-13-2009, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ah, Sean right? nice to meet you too!

Do you do NASA also? Hope to see you again out there, and maybe get a ride along sometime!
Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 AM

Default yeah, i run the car in the nasa time trials group...

no problem on the ride. this event my student wanted to go out pretty much every session so not too many spots available but that doesn't normally happen. if you make it to laguna we'll get you out there for sure. we might even have a bit more power by then

Quick Reply: ACNA Thill weekend... perfect weather (clear skies, +70 deg., not windy), great event!