fix-it ticket nightmare --- I just need to vent!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fix-it ticket nightmare --- I just need to vent!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I am so mad right now, I could scream or cry or both!

So, I went out of town for work 2 weeks ago and, while my car was parked in the Sacto airport, I got a fix-it ticket for (1) no front license plate and (2) expired tags. (#2 was my own dumb fault; I paid my registration 3 months ago but the 2007 sticker was still attached to my registration, sitting in my car's front pocket - D'OH!)

So, I made an appt at the dealer, got my baby's nose pierced (that's the positive spin I'm trying to put on having to have her front end drilled into), slapped on my 2007 sticker, and on my way home from work tonight stopped at police station A to get my ticket signed off.

By the way, I live nowhere near Sacto, I just use that airport as it's the most convenient to me, but I called them and they told me I didn't need to have a Sacto Sheriff sign off, that any law enforcement person could.

OK, so back to police station A. The police girl who came out to inspect my car wouldn't sign off on the ticket. She told me that my 2007 sticker had to be completely over the 2006 sticker. Part of the top of the red 2006 sticker was showing. OK, fine, what-EVER! I started to peel the 2007 sticker off and she was all "oh no you can't remove the sticker once it's on; you will have to go to DMV and get a new one". So, off I go, leaving police station A without my ticket signed off, thinking I will have to take time off work tomorrow morning and stop by DMV to get another sticker, then go back to the police station and try to get the ticket signed off. I was fuming the whole drive home (1 hr).

When I get home, I think what the hell, I'm gonna try pulling off my 2007 sticker and see what happens. Well, it had only been on my plate since this morning and it pulled off like a charm. So I reapplied it directly over the 2006 sticker, and got back in the car and headed to my local police shack. Yes, I say shack because I live in a BFE little town and we have a police shack. No one was there. No one ever is.

OK, fine, so I decide I will drive 6 miles to the next town over that I know has a manned police station. I get there and ask them if they could please sign off my ticket. "Do you live in [insert Police Station B's city name here]?" "No, I live in [insert my BFE town here]." "Oh, well that will be a $30 charge then for us to sign off on your ticket."

WHAT. THE. F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so damned mad! I actually saw red and stars.

I walked out of Police Station B without paying them $30 and without getting my ticket signed off. I guess I will attempt to get it signed off at Police Station A tomorrow morning. At least they didn't ask me for any $ to do it!

I've never had a fix-it ticket before. I had no idea that having one could be such a freakin' nightmare!!!!

I hope to god I can get this thing signed off tomorrow, so I can be done with this! Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening. I'm gonna go fix me a drinkie-poo now and try to calm down! Sheesh!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:55 PM

Default That's F'ed up. No wonder people go "postal". It's modern life where a person has no control

that get's so maddening. I have all my registration tags showing a bit of each last years. I hope that doesn't do on my "permanent record"...
Old 08-17-2006, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default OMG! what a nightmare!

i'd be sooooooooooooo frustrated to tears!

i'd have a margarita as big as my face.

that's such BS that the 2007 sticker doesn't completely cover the 2006!! that is so crazy!

and the $30 charge at a different city. what the hell?!?!?!?!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My word that is is crazy...No wonder people cannot respect cops when they are so ****...

I had my own trouble in getting a fix-it-ticket signed off for no front plate, got the ticket driving on a Sunday afternoon doing no harm on Marina Blvd. Cop said that I could get it signed off anywhere in Cali.

I went to San Jose as that was beside me, cop signed it off without even looking at the car, but I could not pat the "administration" fee. I ended up having to go into San Fran and pay it...
Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Wow - I had no idea. The thing is in the Bay Area, there's so many cars with no front plate. I guess

it depends if a county needs the money, they'll go out and do whatever they can.

In the meantime, real crime is on the streets...
Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sorry to hear, i feel your frustration, next time bring a box of donuts.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:32 PM
ATH
Elder Member

Wow, you have more self control than I do, I probably would have been arrested that day
Old 08-18-2006, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default were you parked in the garage at Sacto airport? I do that all the time - now I'm worried

better start parking nose in toward the wall. What a nightmare for you - sorry to hear.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just scribble a signature and a partially unreadable number

A police officer friend of mine told me to do this. According to him, they don't sctually check the signature or what officer signed it off. Indeed, if it is out of their city, how would they know? He said where ever you are, just glance at a badge number of any officer who is in a Starbucks or somewhere else to figure out how many digits and the reletive number ranges of the badges. Then, write a partially legible badge number and scribble a signature.

For me, I just call him and he will sign them off, fixed or not.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Yep it was in the $12/day garage

And I had my nose showing. So your idea of parking nose to wall sounds like a good one, Hogothorpe!

Quick Reply: fix-it ticket nightmare --- I just need to vent!!!!!!!!!!