Notices
Parts For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your part's appropriate model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Q5 SQ5 Exhaust For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQ5 Exhaust For Sale

Selling the stock exhaust system for my 2015 SQ5. Only about 4K miles driven with the exhaust installed. The quad tips were polished constantly and look brand new still. Located in NY. Send me a message if you're interested.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audi_sq5_
Selling the stock exhaust system for my 2015 SQ5. Only about 4K miles driven with the exhaust installed. The quad tips were polished constantly and look brand new still. Located in NY. Send me a message if you're interested.
Side question: What did you use to polish the tips? I have one and would like to brighten them up every now and then.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I use Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish. You have to clean them often as this might not remove built up dirt.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pics pls. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just polished them last night with Mothers Mag & Aluminum. They came out great. I had 3500 miles on the car and they were quite black. Took about 15 mins to do all four but it worked great. I'm betting if I do it every 1500 miles it will take 5 mins.

Thanks for the recommendation Audi_SQ5. BTW, what exhaust did you replace the stock one with?
Old 04-21-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by PaddyG
Just polished them last night with Mothers Mag & Aluminum. They came out great. I had 3500 miles on the car and they were quite black. Took about 15 mins to do all four but it worked great. I'm betting if I do it every 1500 miles it will take 5 mins.

Thanks for the recommendation Audi_SQ5. BTW, what exhaust did you replace the stock one with?
I'm glad it worked well for you. Now that you've polished them, they'll be much easier to clean next time, since the dirt won't really stick to them. At least that's what I've noticed.

I ordered an AWE exhaust and I'm still waiting for it actually. It's in production and should be completed soon so the stock one is still on the car for now. If you're on Instagram, you can find me @audi_sq5_ so you can hear the exhaust video that I'm going to post once I get it on the car.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've been looking around and have noticed that exhaust seems to be the one to get for the SQ5. I would love to hear it once you tack it on. I would also be interested to hear how complicated it is to install it. AWE is right near my in-laws and was thinking about scheduling an install with them next time we're down there. But if it's easy enough I would do it myself to save a few buck$.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm not that far from them and I was actually thinking about asking them how much they'd charge me to get it installed, but I'm not sure yet. That electronic valve in the exhaust tips might be complicated.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks like the AWE exhaust doesn't use any electronic valves. They bypass the ECU's error code with valve simulators that plug into the stock wiring harness. It looks like a pretty easy bolt, plug, and play install.

Cancel it out: AWE Tuning Electronic Valve Simulators

Sound perfection comes standard thanks to AWE Tuning 180 Technology™. Which means there’s no need for valves. But when these valves are eliminated, the ECU stores what is known as a ‘soft code’ in the system. While this code is not harmful, who wants it? Enter the AWE Tuning Electronic Valve Simulators.

These simple devices plug right into the factory harness in place of the exhaust valves, and prevent any code from ever being stored in the ECU due to the removal of the exhaust valves. Plug them in. Start it up. Drive away. That simple. Comes as a set of two.

Did you go with the chrome or the black tips? Did you go with the non-resonated downpipes?

Quick Reply: Audi Q5 SQ5 Exhaust For Sale