Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Mods and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods and Warranty

I just bought an 06 a4 6 speed and it has 25k left on the man. warranty and 75k on the cert. warranty. What mods can I make to not void the warranty?
chip
intercooler
suspension
wheels
turbo

What would you do first, second and third?

Does anybody have audi's position on this in writing? Seems like there is so much aftermarket out there for this car but who wants to drive a german car w/o a warranty?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:03 AM
No Bozos!

Default Depends on the dealer and what broke

But you can pretty much count out a chip, IC,turbo for any kind of chance on an engine warranty claim.

A long time ago I had Nissan void a warranty because I was running an aggressive snow tire on all 4 corners. Mind you I live in Buffalo. They said it was indicative of "improper driving". I went to a local auto dealer mediator, but they didn't do anything. Everyone just couldn't see why you'd want tires like that on a car(RWD mind you). I guess it couldn't be cuz it snows over 10ft here every Winter.

I'd say take it easy on the mods till your warranty ir up. Tires and wheels should be fine though, unless they really want to be miserable. Ask the dealer if you want to be sure.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by squidix9
But you can pretty much count out a chip, IC,turbo for any kind of chance on an engine warranty claim.

A long time ago I had Nissan void a warranty because I was running an aggressive snow tire on all 4 corners. Mind you I live in Buffalo. They said it was indicative of "improper driving". I went to a local auto dealer mediator, but they didn't do anything. Everyone just couldn't see why you'd want tires like that on a car(RWD mind you). I guess it couldn't be cuz it snows over 10ft here every Winter.

I'd say take it easy on the mods till your warranty ir up. Tires and wheels should be fine though, unless they really want to be miserable. Ask the dealer if you want to be sure.

Nissan/Infiniti are evil scumbags.
They tried to deny my warranty for running OEM G37 coupe wheels on a G37 sedan even though they were the IDENTICAL size as OEM G37 sedan wheels and tires and I was running a all season tire.

Even though my automatic sedan was 100% stock (daily driver) and the dealer did all the maintenance, Nissan tried to deny my warranty when a rod went through the block. No warning lights came on and the dealer either underfilled the oil or the car was probably burning oil and went low. I had to higher a lawyer and sue Nissan. I obviously won and Nissan was forced to fix my car and pay me.

Either way, avoid Nissan/Infinit. They are evil scumbags.