Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Audi q3 Bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi q3 Bluetooth issue

Hi pls can someone help?!

I have a 2016 Q3 and have had problems with the Bluetooth ever since. I pair my phone up with it, a iPhone s5, play music via, sound cloud, mixcloud etc but as soon as I get a phone call and finish with call the music is no longer playing out of my car though it still shows that it is playing through my phone, i therefore have to pull over and start the phone pairing again. Happens even if I'm using waze, which is a tomtom sort of thing, sound will stop playing. I've been to Audi and they have no clue n tell me they don't see a issue but I, and I'm sure others, know there is a fault. Now when I drive my call I have to block calls, especially if I want to play music via soundcloud, mixcloud or waze etc.. Can somebody PLS help.. It also happens with my old Samsung

I'm PERPLEXED!!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same with my car with both Android and iPhone.

Really annoying. I have a Mercedes and the phones work like charm. Sometimes Bluetooth turns off by itself and really hard to turn it on / connect. I'm going to record a video of all the issues soon
Old 05-26-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Q3 Bluetooth

Don't have an answer for you. But I have 2017 Q3 Prestige. Have Android phone & no problems.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem here

Having same issue with '16 q3 premium plus. Thinking of changing head unit, to an aftermarket see if it fixes issue
Old 05-30-2019, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've got a 2016 with Premium Plus and no nav and have had the same issues. The bluetooth connectivity is garbage on this car. I use the 30 pin to lightening adapter to connect directly to the car and it works but the cable barely charges the phone while driving... I've been contemplating apple/android carplay retrofits because I haven't found a way to update the bluetooth yet.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi is well aware of the problems

Originally Posted by Rams
Hi pls can someone help?!

I have a 2016 Q3 and have had problems with the Bluetooth ever since. I pair my phone up with it, a iPhone s5, play music via, sound cloud, mixcloud etc but as soon as I get a phone call and finish with call the music is no longer playing out of my car though it still shows that it is playing through my phone, i therefore have to pull over and start the phone pairing again. Happens even if I'm using waze, which is a tomtom sort of thing, sound will stop playing. I've been to Audi and they have no clue n tell me they don't see a issue but I, and I'm sure others, know there is a fault. Now when I drive my call I have to block calls, especially if I want to play music via soundcloud, mixcloud or waze etc.. Can somebody PLS help.. It also happens with my old Samsung

I'm PERPLEXED!!
MY 2019 Q5 has been a total disappointment. Audi is well aware of all the Audio and Bluetooth it is clear from ALL bad reviews. With all the problems with Audi the service is horrible as they can't keep up. I have been fighting with Audi since the day they delivered the vehicle 18 months ago. Audi actually made me an offer to buy me a new phone and 1000$ credit. I refused because they wanted me to sign a release before seeing if the problem is solved. Unacceptable and sneaky... message me and I can send you a copy. Its time for maybe a recall or class action.