Is the Q3 selling in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Is the Q3 selling in the US?

I ask this because:
1) There are very few posts ever here on the Q3 forum
2) The dealers I check near me seem to have the same Q3's in stock that they had weeks ago, while every time I check their A3 or A4 inventory they are constantly changing, showing those models are selling.
Any ideas?
Old 10-04-2014, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

I've yet to see them on the road. The dealers in my area have had them for a while...
Old 10-05-2014, 12:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's selling pretty well actually, given it's a new model with constrained supplies - Audi Q3 Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR
Old 10-05-2014, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read somewhere yesterday that the Q3 was the hottest selling model in the U.S. of any vehicle manufacturer last month, and that the average Q3 was on a dealer's lot for only 10 days, and that the other end of the spectrum was a couple of Cadillac models for which the same statistic was in excess of 120 days. This seems to be consistent with the fact that my local dealer only has two in stock.I am assuming that this has to do with lack of supply simply because it's a new model and the pipeline is building up.I have yet to see one on the road, but then again if one was not looking carefully, you might just assume it's another Q5.

I don't know how long the dealers in my area have had them, but I had no idea that they were coming, and only started seeing television ads for the new model in the past couple of weeks.interesting that the only road test that I can find of a US model is Kelly bluebook. As of yesterday both Edmunds and The Car Connection have not even completed road tests yet… I wonder why. Usually they have completed road test immediately after a new model is available to the public, if not before.

Last edited by shark115; 10-05-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We're still waiting for our Q3 to come in as it was ordered Aug 30th.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MPBQ3
We're still waiting for our Q3 to come in as it was ordered Aug 30th.
Was the Q3 you ordered already manufactured and in transit, or is it being made to order? I would think your dealer would be able to give you a estimated production date (assuming it's being made to order). With BMW and Mini you can go onto their website and find out what the status of your order/car is. Wonder if Audi has a similar system? When you ordered the car did your dealer give you an estimated arrival date?
Old 10-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shark115
Was the Q3 you ordered already manufactured and in transit, or is it being made to order? I would think your dealer would be able to give you a estimated production date (assuming it's being made to order). With BMW and Mini you can go onto their website and find out what the status of your order/car is. Wonder if Audi has a similar system? When you ordered the car did your dealer give you an estimated arrival date?
From my understanding he found one in transit, but not to be delivered until mid-late Oct.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I believe the answer is yes. We bought a Q7 last Sunday (Sept 28) and while we were at the dealership, Chantilly Audi, we say a Q3 which had literally just been purchased.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:07 AM
kbh
Audiworld Junior Member

We placed our order at Audi of Alexandria (VA) on 9/28. Scheduled delivery is Dec 20. I have seen just one on the road around here, but the dealer said they are selling their stock quite quickly and looking over their shipment list, most of the cars coming in are already sold.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Two years ago the Q3 in Europe had a lead time of one year for a made yo order. I think that most popular will be the Q3 in N/A most will be the delay. Hope that they will build it in N/A soon.

Quick Reply: Is the Q3 selling in the US?