Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 146657

Default 2013 Q5 pano roof driving me crazy!!

Hi everyone,I know a lot of u guys have posted threads about the pano roof rattling, I've had my 3.0T about a year now and just recently have this annoying ticking noise from the roof when going over bumps. It's quiet when the roof is open. I brought my car to the dealer twice already and didn't do anything, they told me couldn't hear anything. I thought about letting it be but I was driving on the highway today and I could hear that noise every bumps I went through. It's so annoying. What should I do next? Should I call the dealer again and the arrange a test drive with the tech? How are people with the rattling roof working out? Thanks.
Audi1177777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 267489

You forgot to specify a very important option on the Q5/SQ5 order guide: PFH - Delete Panorama sunroof.
visualguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 235141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi1177777 View Post
Hi everyone,I know a lot of u guys have posted threads about the pano roof rattling, I've had my 3.0T about a year now and just recently have this annoying ticking noise from the roof when going over bumps. It's quiet when the roof is open. I brought my car to the dealer twice already and didn't do anything, they told me couldn't hear anything. I thought about letting it be but I was driving on the highway today and I could hear that noise every bumps I went through. It's so annoying. What should I do next? Should I call the dealer again and the arrange a test drive with the tech? How are people with the rattling roof working out? Thanks.
double check again if the noise is coming out from the pano roof. Chance it may be coming from the trunk cargo cover. There is a fix for the trunk cargo cover that I did.
AudiQ5sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:05 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 164501

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper View Post
double check again if the noise is coming out from the pano roof. Chance it may be coming from the trunk cargo cover. There is a fix for the trunk cargo cover that I did.
What is that fix? I'm getting all kind of noise from it (i think).
Buckeye96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 146657

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,i will check the trunk lid see if that is the case, but I am pretty sure that this is not the case because I can hear the noise above my head in the front passenger area. The noise is there only if the roof is close, quiet when its open. It's a "ticking" sound, sounds like the glass is touching something.
Audi1177777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 37870

Quote:
Had the same issue and it was the cargo cover, not the sun roof. I bought some felt pads from Lowe's and the problem was fixed.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_54112-255-47...3D2&facetInfo=
abcabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 249680

I had the same issue with my 2013 2.0T. Took it to the dealer a couple of times. They test drove and agreed that the roof was making noise. They took it in a couple of weeks ago and replaced the sunroof frame, which solved the problem.
hopkinss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi1177777 View Post
Thanks for the reply,i will check the trunk lid see if that is the case, but I am pretty sure that this is not the case because I can hear the noise above my head in the front passenger area. The noise is there only if the roof is close, quiet when its open. It's a "ticking" sound, sounds like the glass is touching something.
I had that sound too but it came out to be the trunk cargo lid.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye96 View Post
What is that fix? I'm getting all kind of noise from it (i think).
head over to Homedepot or Lowes for some Velcro cotton pads. When you remove the cargo lid. On both side there are a shiny surface where the cargo lid lays on. When you apply the cotton Velcro. The sound will go away. so no need to use any grease on the tabs like other threads are saying. Below is the link. I only used the cotton side. I will take a few pictures when I get home.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Velcro-4-...1#.UnJ5Tl_D91M
Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc View Post
Had the same issue and it was the cargo cover, not the sun roof. I bought some felt pads from Lowe's and the problem was fixed.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_54112-255-47...3D2&facetInfo=
that's what I did too. the sound pisses me off soo bad. I literally applied a foot of Velcro strips on each side. Now the cabin is quiet.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement