The technicians definitely did an alignment after install. In fact, the repetitively ran it on a dyno and loosened and tightened the bushing bolts until they were satisfied minimal load was being placed on the bushings. When done, recheck to make sure alignment still in spec.
(BTW, if you're in Tampa, I definitely recommend the guys at Cars and Concepts for BMW, Audi, Porsche and VW: http://carsandconcepts.com
Further thoughts about the drop:
- Very happy with the appearance. It's the perfect drop to make the wheel gap isotropic.
- on Comfort mode drive select, the car feels a little stiffer, especially on turns. However it still rides over RR crossings and minor potholes easily.
- on Dynamic mode, I can't say I notice a difference. Maybe the dampening was already so much that the springs didn't play into it too much. Or at least the difference between stock springs and H&R is insignificant
- I can't say anything about the wear on the stock shocks. I guess I'm just hoping...
- After 4 drives, I'm already adjusted to the difference sight picture. So that difference is already a non-issue.