Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2016 Q5 common problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Q5 common problems?

What are some of things you've taken tour Q5 in for? If they weren't under earranty, what did you pay?
Old 05-04-2016, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm afraid 2016 is too new to be talking about problems, and anything that would come up would be covered by warranty anyway.

If you want to look at historical data for Q5 in general, take a look at truedelta.com
Old 05-04-2016, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Dams, problems on a new, leased Audi will be covered by the mfr's warranty.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

let's see...
my 2016 Q5 has the following issues:

1. Panoramic roof rattle - Just started, so I will be watching closely.
2. B pillar exterior black glossy trim rattle - The rattle is coming from the plastic trim which vibrates and makes contact with the actual B pillar of the chassis. Felt tape applied on the inside of the trim where it faces the B pillar. No more rattle!
3. Soft paint - you can apply 3M or Xpel protection film, but no protection for other places like door sides unless you do the entire car wrapped which will cost you $5-6K.
4. Center arm rest slides way too easily- I took it apart and applied some materials to increase the friction. (you need to be creative)
Old 05-04-2016, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Dams, problems on a new, leased Audi will be covered by the mfr's warranty.
True, but that isn't the question, nor, I am guessing, the point.

A problem that happens under warranty is still a problem, and one that can happen out of warranty as well.

That said, 3400 miles and mine has been flawless.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DAMS17
What are some of things you've taken tour Q5 in for? If they weren't under earranty, what did you pay?
My complaint cannot be fixed. Rides like crap. I drove this vehicle numerous times and can't believe I missed what a busy, choppy ride. Fine if you do mostly highway driving. Not good for city.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpnwdc
My complaint cannot be fixed. Rides like crap. I drove this vehicle numerous times and can't believe I missed what a busy, choppy ride. Fine if you do mostly highway driving. Not good for city.
Second time I've read your comment/ opinion about the ride so I'll add to the obvious puzzlement. .
How the h..ll can you test drive the same vehicle numerous times and 'miss' the terrible ride ?
You posted so that you can complain after you bought it ? Sell it ..now. You'll be happier...
Old 05-04-2016, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that on certain types of pavement our Q5 does get bouncy. Mainly with side to side motions. Not at deal breaker levels though, as we've really enjoyed the vehicle. While shopping for it, I read some reviews that mentioned the ride getting unsettled in certain situations. Overall, its been problem free.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lower it, put on some beefy sway-bars that will make it stiffer and rougher and go drive the heck out of it. It's not a grocery getter....or buy a smooth, floaty, unconnected Lexus...
Old 05-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thrilled with the way mine drives and rides but I'm used to driving a 1 ton dodge truck. Ive got no complaints at all puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

Quick Reply: 2016 Q5 common problems?