Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

3M Ventureshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 02:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M Ventureshield

I've already got 2 small minor chips on the hood of my new SQ5, being black doesn't help hide it too. I've decided to get the hold, fender and mirrors cover with the 3M Ventureshield this weekend. I'm getting it done at Tint King in Etobicoke for $300 + taxes so thought that was a decent enough deal. I'm leasing the SQ but have it for 4 1/2 years and thought it was worth it to do it now vs. later if I decide to keep and give it to one of my kids to use. Also picked up weathertech mats...so going out as much as a I to protect this new SQ...

Anyone else in Canada use the 3M ventureshield? I know when I had my Tahoe's and yukon's I couldnt care much on the protection but with this smaller SQ and the fact that it's a SQ I'm more protective :-)
Old 09-05-2014, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You saw 3M Paint Defender available at Canadien Tire for 25$?
Old 09-06-2014, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Have experience with 3 of my vehicles having 3m venture shield. Would not use anything else. Just picked up a 15 Q5 today. Having it done next week, partial hood, bumper, mirrors, etc. 695.00.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q5CT
Have experience with 3 of my vehicles having 3m venture shield. Would not use anything else. Just picked up a 15 Q5 today. Having it done next week, partial hood, bumper, mirrors, etc. 695.00.
Yeah, just had mine done today after getting my 15 SQ5, partial hood, mirrors n fenders for $300 Canadian. Unfortunately already had 3-4 very very minor chips so glad to get it done today.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chen Lim
I've already got 2 small minor chips on the hood of my new SQ5, being black doesn't help hide it too. I've decided to get the hold, fender and mirrors cover with the 3M Ventureshield this weekend. I'm getting it done at Tint King in Etobicoke for $300 + taxes so thought that was a decent enough deal. I'm leasing the SQ but have it for 4 1/2 years and thought it was worth it to do it now vs. later if I decide to keep and give it to one of my kids to use. Also picked up weathertech mats...so going out as much as a I to protect this new SQ...

Anyone else in Canada use the 3M ventureshield? I know when I had my Tahoe's and yukon's I couldnt care much on the protection but with this smaller SQ and the fact that it's a SQ I'm more protective :-)
I would AVOID Ventureshield again at all cost. I had my 2013 Q5 custom wrapped in the entire front, side mirrors, and rocker panels with it. The clear coat on it is so thin that hard water spots and other debris/crap will be very hard to get off.

I've only had it on for a little over a year and already looks pretty old. Keep in mind that I Zaino polish my cars on a regular basis.

I recently just purchased a 2014 Nissan GT-R and had 90% of the car wrapped with Xpel Ultimate. This stuff is ABSOLUTELY amazing and pretty much best you can get on the market today. It also has a self-healing clearcoat. Check out their website.

I wrapped the entire front , side mirror, A-pillar, side doors, rocker panel, rear fender, rear bumper, carbon fiber diffuser, etc... all except trunk and partial roof.

Learn from my mistake. Avoid Ventureshield. Xpel Ultimate is the way to go. I may actually replace the hood on my Audi with Xpel down the road once it gets bad enough.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We'll I have to disagree. Three cars with venture shield and zero issues. My 14 Denali 2500 has been exposed to terrible road conditions in NE, with debris constantly flying around and ZERO issues, perhaps the material installed was not venture shield. My installer provides a 10 year install and product warranty. I only hold to vehicles 2-3 years so never a worry for me.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

well....it's on now! so no changing....I guess it's better then not having anything and for $300 it's pretty good. It was going to be more then I was going to do as I'm leasing this SQ5 for 4 years but wanted some protection in case I buy it out at the end of the lease for my kids before I move onto another vehicle.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chen Lim
well....it's on now! so no changing....I guess it's better then not having anything and for $300 it's pretty good. It was going to be more then I was going to do as I'm leasing this SQ5 for 4 years but wanted some protection in case I buy it out at the end of the lease for my kids before I move onto another vehicle.
Where did you get it done?
Old 09-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by philkkw
Where did you get it done?
Got it done at Tint King on The Queensway, just west of Queensway Audi.

Front hood, fenders and mirrors. $300, took them about 45 mins as they needed to print the template.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine getting Avery Nano Fusion wrap for full hood/full front fender/full side fender/mirror.
It is so cool when I see the rain beating away....

https://www.facebook.com/autolinks/p...236590/?type=1

Quick Reply: 3M Ventureshield