Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi 2015 Q5 Navigation Settings Question? .

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi 2015 Q5 Navigation Settings Question? .

I have my new car 6 months and I'm still finding new things that I doing quite grasp. For instance in the Nav settings, I recently pressed the line "Delete Favorites" and " Delete Last Destination", which subsequently resulted in these categories being eliminated. Frankly, I'm not sure what either ones purpose is but in any event I 'd like them back. How do I get them to light up again?
Old 11-25-2015, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Last Destinations is where you can pull up your navigation history. All the destinations you have navigated to. Delete Last Destination deletes that history. It will light up again as soon as you navigate somewhere and start building up the list again. Favorites is where you can store favorite destinations that you regularly need to navigate to. Again it will light up as soon as you store a destination as a favorite.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now as to Favorites being deleted......? When I plan on going somewhere new I generally place the destinations into my IPad and have them located in " Online Destinations". That list is still there despite my deletions. So that list is not effected by deletions, correct ?
Which brings me to another question........ That list solely addresses I've established of specific destinations. Is it possible to label them other than just by address. Example, "28 Colonial Ave" is instead listed as " Joe's Clam House".
Old 11-26-2015, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Correct, deleting Favorites doesn't affect the Online Destinations. Those you'll manage from your iPad or myAudi.com.

Yes, the Online Destinations can be named. They should be named by default if you search for Joe's Clam House and then send Joe's Clam House to the car instead of searching for an address and send just the address to the car. Same thing if you go to Google Maps, search for a business and send it to the car. The Online Destination is then automatically listed by the business name. Or if you send a calendar appointment from the iPad to the car, then it's listed by the appointment name. If you want to change a name you have to login to myAudi.com and edit the destination. That's the only place where renaming the destinations seems to be possible.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I knew joining this Forum would be a good idea and you have certainly confirmed that. I'm sure I have one or two other pressing matters but they don't to mind. Thanks a lot !
Old 11-27-2015, 01:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Unfortunately upon following your advice and I find I can't pull the listings on my IPad of former online destinations. I'm thinking it is one of two possibilities, either my provider Sprint is not as flexible as yours AT&T or my Q5 has limitations that other models don't have. I've noticed that this program has many more applications on some of the A models.Do you have a 2015 Q5 ?
Old 11-27-2015, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I have a 2013 RS5. Same generation MMI as your Q5. If you login to www.myaudi.com in your browser, can you see your past online destinations there? What happens on your iPad if you try to pull up the online destinations? Do you just get an empty list? Sprint vs AT&T doesn't make a difference.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok, I went to MyAudiaudi.com and made all the editing changes to my destinations They now read as i.e "Joe's Clam House / 28 Colonial Ave". However my app does not display my list of destinations on my IPad. I plan on checking my car later to see if the change has taken place there. Stay tuned..............
Old 11-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just came back after a brief spin and sure enough everything now functions as you stated. The online destinations read " 28 Colonial Ave,Joe's Clam House". I even managed to program a new destination using the joystick control (I hadn't performed that procedure before) and subsequently the "Delete Online Destination" once again lit up. As for the iPad, the listing appeared and I was able to delete old destinations I no longer needed. Question....the labeling procedure however can only be done on MyAudi.com correct ?
Perfect ! I couldn't be more please . I knew there had to be a labeling procedure cause after time one would forget the who the locations referred to.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The one really dumb feature of the iPad app is that when you go to My Audi Destination in order to get the listings you have to tap the map and only then do they appear. That is far from intuitive in my book !

Quick Reply: Audi 2015 Q5 Navigation Settings Question? .