Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Connect Renewal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Mine shut down after about 1-1.5 weeks after the "expiration" date, after which I renewed.
Is there an activation fee if you renew after it expires?
Old 08-13-2014, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ser968
Is there an activation fee if you renew after it expires?
No.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I liked this tech option in my SQ5, but $15-30 a month for only occasional use would hardly make sense for me. Not to mention how slow the 3G connection is. It's a bit of a ripoff in my opinion.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm letting mine expire. I was told I could only use TMobile with the car and the connection speed is terrible. I don't use it much at all and I can get much of what I do use it for off my phone quicker.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

If it was 4G, I would totally do it for $15/month. I would see it as an inexpensive way to not go over on my personal data plan on the family's phones.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I did another post earlier about how disappointing it is that the Q5 still has 3g. I totally understand that it is due to the aging design and that is why the new models are having 4lte etc... Still disappointed either way!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm going to let mine expire, primarily because it is so clunky slow. Also, quite often I find that if I do an online Google search for some nearby business, I don't find it. If I kill the wifi connection to the hot spot and just use my iPhone 5s it pops up right away (using Google search on the phone). I can't figure out why this is happening. Is the online search in the MMI of a more limited nature?
Old 08-14-2014, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by indyrich
I'm going to let mine expire, primarily because it is so clunky slow. Also, quite often I find that if I do an online Google search for some nearby business, I don't find it. If I kill the wifi connection to the hot spot and just use my iPhone 5s it pops up right away (using Google search on the phone). I can't figure out why this is happening. Is the online search in the MMI of a more limited nature?
My experience has been the complete opposite; Anything that I have searched for, including more obscure facilities has come up using the Online Destination Voice Control. I almost never do an actual address look up unless I am searching for a private residence. Streaming Music/Video in my area is usually fine about 85%-90% of the time; so I will continue my subscription after the trial date to continue these and not worry about any personal phone overages.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acadapter
My experience has been the complete opposite; Anything that I have searched for, including more obscure facilities has come up using the Online Destination Voice Control. I almost never do an actual address look up unless I am searching for a private residence. Streaming Music/Video in my area is usually fine about 85%-90% of the time; so I will continue my subscription after the trial date to continue these and not worry about any personal phone overages.
My experience has been the same. Voice control and online destination work seamlessly foe me. Worth the $15/mo.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to keep it also, but my wife does not want to, and well, it's her car.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Renewal?