Audi is losing my wife to BMW! - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Log In 


Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Audi is losing my wife to BMW!

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
 
togatown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 127
Default Audi is losing my wife to BMW!

After 4 years, my wife's Q5 warranty is up and while it has been completely reliable and a great car for 35k, it has used a lot of oil.
As result, in our quest for a replacement, we first drove (and dismissed) the SQ5, Macan, and Evoque, as she wants something a little different looking. But the lower gas mileage on all of them turned her on to the Q5 TDI. We drove one and was really impressed with the torque. So started talking turkey with our dealer and wanted to make a deal, but unfortunately, there are no more 2014 to be ordered, and the 2015 does not come with the S-line package ( she really wants sports seats ). That's where the X3 28d came into the picture.

So unless it all goes to hell, she is getting the M-sport version in less than 6 weeks ( assembled in SC?).
Oh well, she tried to stay Q5 and wouldn't have left if they just had the S-line packag , and at least I am staying with the brand!
__________________
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Red Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.
togatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 2,763
Default

As I remember there are sports seats as option for MY2015 ????
__________________
Q5 2.0 TFSI,S-tronic,
Milano leather, B&O, 19" 5-arm polished

Excuse me for my English
spijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
 
uberwgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 3,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spijun View Post
As I remember there are sports seats as option for MY2015 ????
Yes, there's a Sport Pkg that gives you paddle shifters on a 3 spoke seteering wheel, seats, Drive Select and a black headliner. I think it forces you into two interior colors: black or brown
uberwgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 1,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwgn View Post
Yes, there's a Sport Pkg that gives you paddle shifters on a 3 spoke seteering wheel, seats, Drive Select and a black headliner. I think it forces you into two interior colors: black or brown
Yep, Sport Interior package still exists, and that's what gave you the seats anyway before (S-Line just required selection of Sport Interior). Sport seats are indeed only available in black or brown (unless you do the whole Audi Exclusive thing that's available for 2015 sport seats).

A TDI will be missing the ability to have the S-Line exterior, and nobody gets the flat-bottom wheel or suspension anymore, but you can certainly still get the seats and paddles which I think are the most important pieces anyway (didn't go for S-Line on my TDI, just the interior).
__________________
idale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #5
AudiWorld Member
 
togatown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwgn View Post
Yes, there's a Sport Pkg that gives you paddle shifters on a 3 spoke seteering wheel, seats, Drive Select and a black headliner. I think it forces you into two interior colors: black or brown
Yeah, but she wanted the S-line package including some type of contrast stitching on the seats. Had to be a little different than the stock Q5 look this time. I really wanted her to get the SQ5!
__________________
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Red Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.
togatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
 
HOiYA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 108
Default

I was in your same situation this last weekend. Luckily I found a Daytona Grey S Line TDI. I know for sure there are a couple of dealers near me that still have the S Line available, but color choices are limited. Did you try expanding your search outside of your immediate area?
HOiYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
 
togatown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idale View Post
Yep, Sport Interior package still exists, and that's what gave you the seats anyway before (S-Line just required selection of Sport Interior). Sport seats are indeed only available in black or brown (unless you do the whole Audi Exclusive thing that's available for 2015 sport seats).

A TDI will be missing the ability to have the S-Line exterior, and nobody gets the flat-bottom wheel or suspension anymore, but you can certainly still get the seats and paddles which I think are the most important pieces anyway (didn't go for S-Line on my TDI, just the interior).
We missed out by like a few weeks in being able to order a 2014 the way she really wanted it.
__________________
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Red Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.
togatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 1,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by togatown View Post
Yeah, but she wanted the S-line package including some type of contrast stitching on the seats. Had to be a little different than the stock Q5 look this time. I really wanted her to get the SQ5!
Could've sprung for the "Audi exclusive line interior", but that requires Prestige so unless you were already ticking all the boxes anyway it'd be quite the expensive package just for some contrasting stitching ($12K from a P+).

Of course in the end what matters is that she has a car that works for her and she's happy with. I think the TDI would be much better than the 28d (and the Q5 as a whole better than the X3) but obviously I'm biased, and even if it's possible to get what she wants in a Q5 it may be a lot more than you guys want to spend due to all the prerequisites. Maybe if Audi had brought the real SQ5 (twin-turbo TDI) over it wouldn't've been a problem.
__________________
idale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
 
togatown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOiYA View Post
I was in your same situation this last weekend. Luckily I found a Daytona Grey S Line TDI. I know for sure there are a couple of dealers near me that still have the S Line available, but color choices are limited. Did you try expanding your search outside of your immediate area?
Nice, you got lucky! They claim they tried in 500 mile radius of upstate NY for a 2014 S-line in a gray or silver color and no luck. Has black now and done with that color.
__________________
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Red Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.
togatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
 
togatown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idale View Post
Could've sprung for the "Audi exclusive line interior", but that requires Prestige so unless you were already ticking all the boxes anyway it'd be quite the expensive package just for some contrasting stitching ($12K from a P+).

Of course in the end what matters is that she has a car that works for her and she's happy with. I think the TDI would be much better than the 28d (and the Q5 as a whole better than the X3) but obviously I'm biased, and even if it's possible to get what she wants in a Q5 it may be a lot more than you guys want to spend due to all the prerequisites. Maybe if Audi had brought the real SQ5 (twin-turbo TDI) over it wouldn't've been a problem.
That's the thing, the ticket price jumps way up and she didn't want to get the Prestige package and doesn't even want Navi this time around. The power of the BMW is definitely less but the steering felt sharper.
__________________
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Red Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.
togatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #11
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 1,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by togatown View Post
That's the thing, the ticket price jumps way up and she didn't want to get the Prestige package and doesn't even want Navi this time around. The power of the BMW is definitely less but the steering felt sharper.
So yeah, $750 for sport seats and $12000 for stitching (or "only" $11150 if she would've gone for B&O anyway) since she didn't want anything else in the jump to Prestige. That's more like optioning a Porsche.

Sucks to have just missed the cutoff to have ordered a 2014 as she would've wanted it (and that S-Line just got dropped for 2015 for whatever reason and the one thing that she especially wanted wasn't moved to Sport Interior or as an individual option), but hopefully the X3 works out well for her. I see enough of them driving around, certainly, can't be too bad.
__________________
idale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #12
AudiWorld Member
 
togatown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idale View Post
So yeah, $750 for sport seats and $12000 for stitching (or "only" $11150 if she would've gone for B&O anyway) since she didn't want anything else in the jump to Prestige. That's more like optioning a Porsche.

Sucks to have just missed the cutoff to have ordered a 2014 as she would've wanted it (and that S-Line just got dropped for 2015 for whatever reason and the one thing that she especially wanted wasn't moved to Sport Interior or as an individual option), but hopefully the X3 works out well for her. I see enough of them driving around, certainly, can't be too bad.
I agree, seems to be lots of X3's around. Hopefully the M-sport look will keep her happy and if not, there's always the new Q5 coming in 2016.....
__________________
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Red Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.
togatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #13
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 2,824
Default

A number of new 2014 TDI S-lines turned up in autotrader when I did a search. If the vehicle is still available then your dealer should be able to get it.
__________________
Robert Cheng
2014 Q5 TDI, Phantom Black, S-Line, B&O, Nav, Side Assist
2013 S6, Estoril Blue, B&O, LED, cold weather, comfort seats, rear shade, BBS CH-R 20x9 ET25, Stasis 25.4mm RSB
2010 S4, 6-spd, Meteor Gray, Prestige, Sport Diff, Strat shifter, H&R Rear Sway -- SOLD
2000 S4, 6-spd, Brilliant Black, Stg3 & other goodies -- SOLD

OEM Audi Wheel Page

RobC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #14
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by togatown View Post
...., there's always the new Q5 coming in 2016.....
That'll be that first year of production in Mexico..... I wouldn't consider that to be ideal, personally.....
- B - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #15
AudiWorld Super User
 
spijun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sarajevo /BiH
Posts: 2,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by togatown View Post
Yeah, but she wanted the S-line package including some type of contrast stitching on the seats. Had to be a little different than the stock Q5 look this time. I really wanted her to get the SQ5!
Good luck with BMW
__________________
Q5 2.0 TFSI,S-tronic,
Milano leather, B&O, 19" 5-arm polished

Excuse me for my English
spijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #16
AudiWorld Member
 
togatown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spijun View Post
Good luck with BMW
It will be her first. I came from one to my last Audi and haven't looked back. tell you one thing, if it sucks, she will be out of it like **** through a goose.
__________________
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Red Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.
togatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #17
AudiWorld Member
 
Hockeymonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 147
Default

We looked at the BMWs both the X3 and X5. X5 shoots price way up. X3 felt a little smaller than the Q5 for us but I am sure it is minimal if any difference.
There were a few things that really drew us to BMW initially - like the interior and my wife also loved the contrast stitching in the X-line. But after driving both the Q5 TDI and the X3d the TDI torque is just incredible.
Finally - not that Audi is the most reliable but with BMW it is just a matter of luck in getting a good one and I personally have experienced the frustration of a new BMW that spent more time and trips in the shop than on the road with major issues (not little nagging stuff that could be ignored).
Hockeymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #18
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymonkey View Post
We looked at the BMWs both the X3 and X5. X5 shoots price way up. X3 felt a little smaller than the Q5 for us but I am sure it is minimal if any difference.
There were a few things that really drew us to BMW initially - like the interior and my wife also loved the contrast stitching in the X-line. But after driving both the Q5 TDI and the X3d the TDI torque is just incredible.
Finally - not that Audi is the most reliable but with BMW it is just a matter of luck in getting a good one and I personally have experienced the frustration of a new BMW that spent more time and trips in the shop than on the road with major issues (not little nagging stuff that could be ignored).
That's our BMW experience too. In the BMW service bay every other month to fix some nagging problem. Our Audi's have been rock solid.
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #19
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 913
Default

In Consumer Reports '14 auto issue, both the X3 and Q5 were rated "Average" for Reliability from their Owner Surveys.
__________________
2013 Q5 2.0t, Cuvee Silver/Black, Pano, 19", MMI/Nav, B&O, Advanced Key, 3M Crystalline.
2014 BMW 3281 X Drive, White Metallic/Tan, Nav, 3M Crystalline etc.
Q5 Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #20
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 72
Default

We chose 2015 Audi A6 over BMW 5 series mostly because we will not live without a spare tire.
Buy one, a jack and a lug wrench and put rhem in the trunk? Just takes up too much trunk space and would bounce around.

Is this any way to sell a $58,000 car?
__________________
'Ski
Visit www.Warrenvillerailroad.com
'Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
audi, q5, tdi

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community