Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi silence on 3.0TDI owner compensation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi silence on 3.0TDI owner compensation?

Any thoughts as to why Audi is lagging behind VW and Porsche in announcing any type of warranty or other compensation package for 3.0TDI owners?
Old 01-11-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They lagged behind on the 2.0L TDI as well but now that VW has added the 3.0L to the goodwill program, I'm sure Audi will come around in short order. In fact the Reuters article linked to in another recent thread states:

"An Audi spokesman said on Sunday a similar goodwill program is in the works for its 3.0 liter vehicles."

We all just need to be a little (more) patient I guess ...

Last edited by CharlieG; 01-11-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Seems to me that Audi is holding their cards very close to the chest, waiting for the reaction of the 3.0 TDI Touareg owners to the remedy, allegedly mirroring the offer of gift cards as the 2.0TDI owners. So far, Porsche has only extended the warranty on the Cayenne units.

From what I have been able to glean from the reports, only approximately 25% of the VW TDI owners have taken the gift cards.

The longer Audi waits, the more it seems they are going to issue a recall and reprogram the ECU's......and nothing else but a blanket apology. I don't see them offering a big discount on a trade for a new model, much less a buy-back on any affected model.

Sales are still very strong, so they can afford to be leisurely about the decision, and one would think Audi will try to get by with the minimum gesture possible,
especially if the reprogramming doesn't affect mileage and performance very much. If that is the case, our resale values should hold up as if the EPA issue never happened.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you're correct. When you have record sales and happy customers and the parent corporation is bleeding billions there is good reason to do as little as possible. Audi is VAGs most profitable division.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudioBear
I hope you're correct. When you have record sales and happy customers and the parent corporation is bleeding billions there is good reason to do as little as possible. Audi is VAGs most profitable division.
If you are correct and Audi is VAG's most profitable brand,I would think Audi would be out in front keeping customers happy and informed and not take the posture of doing as little as possible.
One idle conjecture - Audi's silence is due to management paralysis related to some sort of corporate restructure that was in progress when this issue hit. I think its safe to assume that investment bankers have been advising VW on ways to highlight Audi's recent performance to boost VW stock.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got a letter for my 16 A6 TDI.

Extended 3 yr roadside
Two Services free
$500 to spend at the dealer

I bought Audi Care. Bought the accessories I needed a month ago. So 2/3 useless to me. I'm going to contact them, seems thoughtless for those who bought AudiCare.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SpeedKeen

Extended 3 yr roadside
Two Services free

I bought Audi Care. Bought the accessories I needed a month ago. So 2/3 useless to me. I'm going to contact them, seems thoughtless for those who bought AudiCare.
Are you US or Canada?
Old 01-18-2016, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedKeen

Extended 3 yr roadside
Two Services free

It'a ironic isn't it, because I actually thought, the $1000 good will thing was a smart move to build back good will, but the arbitrary way they're doing it, and not respecting customers who previously brought AudiCare is ruining it for them.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What about if one bought AudiCare on their TDI model, you would get AudiCare at no charge on your next model! In lieu of the 2 additional services. Or two services past the end of AudiCare is what they mean?

Originally Posted by hitchens97
It'a ironic isn't it, because I actually thought, the $1000 good will thing was a smart move to build back good will, but the arbitrary way they're doing it, and not respecting customers who previously brought AudiCare is ruining it for them.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hitchens97
Are you in the USA? I have yet to get a letter. This is my fourth Audi and I always buy AudiCare and usually trade the vehicle for another Audi before the four services are completed. In all my years of owning an Audi, I've had to use roadside assistance once...and that was on a 98.5 A4 a few days after delivery, 4 miles from the dealership. I can't recall the issue, but it was a dealer prep boo-boo and simple. $500 dollars to spend at the dealer is just about worthless...if you have AudiCare....about all you can spend it on are maybe wiper blades, ball caps, and trinkets....maybe towards a set of new tires....maybe.

We still await a fix....and while we wait our cars are depreciating faster due to the issue...and we are practically married to the car...divorce will be costly at present.

Audi should step up and compensate us somehow for increased depreciation. Extending the warranty to 100,000 miles would be a good start, as Porsche did for their Cayenne TDI owners.

Quick Reply: Audi silence on 3.0TDI owner compensation?