Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Considering 2016 SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's these months that are the slowest! I had to wait 9 months for mine!! You'll love it when you eventually manage to get away from the showroom on your own and go for a spin! Enjoy and don't forget to put up some photos when you get it!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthValley
It's these months that are the slowest! I had to wait 9 months for mine!! You'll love it when you eventually manage to get away from the showroom on your own and go for a spin! Enjoy and don't forget to put up some photos when you get it!
Oh wow - and I thought that my 2-3 months is a long time I will surely post photos once I get my hands on it!
Old 07-28-2015, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by asmi84
I doubt anything short of impending engine explosion would force me not to buy this car (since it's pretty much the only car in the segment with this combination of sportiness and utility) , but I need to make an informed decision regarding extended warranty. If these rumours are true, I will definitely get the most comprehensive EW package available, otherwise it doesn't sound as sure deal as it would otherwise did, and I would have to consider ups and downs.
As for sources - a friend of mine had gearbox replaced twice (both during warranty though), but he stuck to the car and never had any issues ever since. Although this was 4 years ago, and he suggested that this problem might've been rectified since that time. Also google search for "audi q5 gearbox malfunction" yields some discussions on the subject, but it might be "disgruntled owner syndrome", therefore I figured I'd ask the very owners of these cars for some first-hand information.
Regardles of what anyone tells you or what you learn about the reliability, I would suggest you ALWAYS purchase the EW after the original warranty has concluded...One major repair pays for it and then some...I had the exact situation with my 2007 A3 which I kep very long and loved...well worth it, IMHO
Old 07-28-2015, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by asmi84
I doubt anything short of impending engine explosion would force me not to buy this car (since it's pretty much the only car in the segment with this combination of sportiness and utility) , but I need to make an informed decision regarding extended warranty. If these rumours are true, I will definitely get the most comprehensive EW package available, otherwise it doesn't sound as sure deal as it would otherwise did, and I would have to consider ups and downs.
As for sources - a friend of mine had gearbox replaced twice (both during warranty though), but he stuck to the car and never had any issues ever since. Although this was 4 years ago, and he suggested that this problem might've been rectified since that time. Also google search for "audi q5 gearbox malfunction" yields some discussions on the subject, but it might be "disgruntled owner syndrome", therefore I figured I'd ask the very owners of these cars for some first-hand information.
Regardless of what anyone tells you or what you learn about the reliability, I would suggest you ALWAYS purchase the EW after the original warranty has concluded...One major repair pays for it and then some...I had the exact situation with my 2007 A3 which I kep very long and loved...well worth it, IMHO
Old 07-28-2015, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have barely two weeks to wait before mine shows up.
I'm startying to look like this guy from the anticipation .
Old 07-28-2015, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperQkc
I have barely two weeks to wait before mine shows up.
I'm startying to look like this guy from the anticipation .
I can totally see myself doing that as well As you come closer to getting it, time seems to slow down more the closer you are.
Sales rep told me that there are dealer-ordered blue vehicles in the production pipeline which they might be able to snag for me to deliver faster.