Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

snagit-
"Apple does not have licensing fee requirements for connecting with Bluetooth accessories, "
You will find extensive threads online to the contrary. Apple does not have licensing requirements for Bluetooth AUDIO STREAM devices. However, they require a payment of $5, partly for a physical hardware chip, partly for a device license fee, for any Bluetooth DATA STREAMING device, such as a GPS. IIRC the chip is a buck, the license if four more. Their official statement is that BT data devices are inherently insecure and that this is to protect their customers.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Press Menu (or Setup)+center control ****+upper right function button simultaneously for a couple of seconds to reboot the MMI.
Thanks!
Old 10-05-2015, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so no amount of restarting got this setting to do anything. Not sure any of them are doing anything, actually.

I paid for the Pro product and everything. Odd.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The latest beta version says:
New setting for Audi B8 (A5/A5) and Q5: auto gear display
I've looked through all the settings in Carista and I don't see how to enable it on our Q5. Help?

Last edited by ex-quattro PETE; 10-05-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE

I've looked through all the settings in Carista and I don't see how to enable it on our Q5. Help?
I don't see that either
Old 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bdizzlefizzle
Carista - I just got the app and BT OBD tool. Thanks for offering this solution. Very easy and slick.

Two questions:

1. the restart you mention to show the hidden menu - how do you do this? I've restarted the car and app, but don't see any hidden menu (or ability to scroll to see it)

2. It would be great to have more control over auto-locking. Our Q5 has locked us out of the car a few times (with the keys inside), which is really concerning. I'd love to be able to turn off the auto-locking (aside from whe the car is put into gear or moving), or extend the interval a lot (like to 5 min). Anything like that possible or in your roadmap?
Originally Posted by bdizzlefizzle
so no amount of restarting got this setting to do anything. Not sure any of them are doing anything, actually.

I paid for the Pro product and everything. Odd.
Just to confirm: you've enabled the hidden menu through Carista and then restarted the MMI, right? And you have an MMI with navigation?
If all of those are a "yes", then you should be able to bring up the hidden menu by pressing and holding "CAR", then while still holding "CAR", also pressing and holding "SETUP", and holding them together for at least 5 sec, maybe more. I remember it seeming unusually long when I did it. Note that the order in which you press those buttons matters.

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE

Seems like we're having issues with the auto gear display (i.e. it's not showing up as an option at all). We're working on it.

Btw, has anyone tried the auto-folding mirrors yet? Did it work? We have 3 separate settings for them and I want to know whether they're all necessary in order to get this to work. My suspicion is that the latter 2 are already on for people who have power-folding mirrors to begin with:
1. "Fold/unfold mirrors via long-press on remote (req. power folding mirrors)"
2. "Fold/unfold driver-side mirror via long-press on remote (req. power folding mirrors)"
3. "Fold/unfold passenger-side mirror via long-press on remote (req. power folding mirrors)"

And also, they shouldn't actually require long press... they should just fold when you lock the car from the remote (single click) or hold your finger on the door handle for a few seconds (w/ smart key).
Old 10-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Former Vendor

In other news, we are now launching a group buy on the Carista OBD adapter for AudiWorld members! You can purchase the adapter with a 15% discount for $34 (USD). The offer is available only for the US & Canada and only for a period of 10 days; shipping is free to both countries. Once we have 20 payments, we will start shipping the adapters. If we don't get 20 payments within 10 days, we will refund those who have already paid, but I doubt that will be necessary.

Use this link to purchase: AudiWorld Carista OBD Adapter Group Buy | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization

We will announce the progress, both in terms of how many people have paid so far and how many days are left.

P.S.
You can find more information about our adapter here: Hardware | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization
And here's the official group buy thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/ven...p-buy-2890049/
Old 10-09-2015, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can you include these functions below?

1. Disable After Wipe of windshield wiper
2. Automatically Fold Mirrors with key fob
Old 10-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nate704
Can you include these functions below?

1. Disable After Wipe of windshield wiper
2. Automatically Fold Mirrors with key fob
We already have #2 in the beta-test version and we're planning to add #1 in the near future

If you're interested in getting the beta:
- on Android, just get it from here: Beta-Testing | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization
- on iOS, email us at support@caristaapp.com and we'll hook you up.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you for your quick reply.
Is your group buy still going on? or expired?

Quick Reply: Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!