Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 285456

Default Cuvée silver and delivery fees

Has anyone seen the cuvée silver in person? I have an out of town dealer with a 2014 cuvée silver and chestnut interior with the premium plus package, audi mmi nav, & sports interior with 19 inch star and additional options upgraded speakers etc...

I live about 400 miles away and not sure what delivery / shipping fees would be?

First how is this color in person?

Second, how much is reasonable for having the car shipped?

Would you ever buy a car that you didn't get to test drive in person? I know most if the people on the forum seems to order their car so it's likely that many of you wouldn't consider a car in the dealer lot etc...
imdakine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 247171

We have the Cuvee Silver and really like it. The actual color looks nothing like the color samples online or in the brochure. In fact, we hadn't even considered it, and didn't really care for it, after seeing it online, and then saw one that had just come into thee dealership. It had the equipment we wanted and bought it. You don't see many in this color, not everyone's cup of tea, but in person it looks much better than the pics.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 243496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q5 Bob View Post
We have the Cuvee Silver and really like it. The actual color looks nothing like the color samples online or in the brochure. In fact, we hadn't even considered it, and didn't really care for it, after seeing it online, and then saw one that had just come into thee dealership. It had the equipment we wanted and bought it. You don't see many in this color, not everyone's cup of tea, but in person it looks much better than the pics.
Is it a champaigne gold-ish silver
mjfloyd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 247171

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfloyd1 View Post
More champagne than gold. In bright sunlight more metallic sliver looking as light fades the champagne/silver is more visible. It's hard to explain. Hides dirt and dust well too.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 168544

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfloyd1 View Post
+1
JBDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 26005

our Q5 is Cuvee Silver and we love the color. Not gold, but champagne color. Different light, different hue.

In my signature is a link to a color of pictures of the car.
http://forums.audiworld.com/showpost...4&postcount=22

2011 A4 2.0T (Ice Silver,Gray interior,Nav,B&O)

2010 Q5 3.2 (traded in), 2005 A6 3.2 P+ (lease end), 2001 A6 2.8 P+ (lease end)
DennisMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 34015

imdakine1 I have a Cuvee Silver Q5 TDI and until I had seen this colour in person I was doubtful.It photographs somewhat poorly,but I think I may have captured it in my images.Changes with ambient lighting.I consider it gorgeous but then it's all in the eye of the beholder.
This is my 3rd Audi and all I can say is wow ! Every aspect of this machine impresses me and the TDI + 8sp.is truly a joy.Stealthy fast and incredibly economical.
By the way my Q5 is kind of unique.Any of you observant types pick up on what it is ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_4423-R.jpg (73.9 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg Img_4424-R.jpg (77.4 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg Img_4431-R.jpg (59.2 KB, 137 views)
MurrayA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 273714

We did ED and purchased our Cuvée Silver over Pistachio Biege Q5 sight unseen. My wife was a little aprehensive from the color chip at the dealer, but upon delivery she was delighted. Without a doubt it's a hard color to visualize from a picture as others have stated, the angle of the sun and atomospheric hue certainly affect the visual perception. I think the the dealer color chip was a good representaion of the actual color. I took the page out of the book and walked over to natural light and held it at various angles.
HerrK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 168544

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Has anyone seen the cuvée silver in person? I have an out of town dealer with a 2014 cuvée silver and chestnut interior with the premium plus package, audi mmi nav, & sports interior with 19 inch star and additional options upgraded speakers etc...

I live about 400 miles away and not sure what delivery / shipping fees would be?

First how is this color in person?

Second, how much is reasonable for having the car shipped?

Would you ever buy a car that you didn't get to test drive in person? I know most if the people on the forum seems to order their car so it's likely that many of you wouldn't consider a car in the dealer lot etc...
I have seen this combo here at the dealer in Colorado Springs. Looks nice but I think the color is for an older person.
JBDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 285456

Thanks everyone! My wife is 39 and I an 40 and we believe it might be for a bit for an older couple. Considering silver or lava grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDinTX View Post
I have seen this combo here at the dealer in Colorado Springs. Looks nice but I think the color is for an older person.
imdakine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
audi, cuvee, q5, silver, thoughts