Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Dynavin DVN-A5 Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what worked for me...
Make sure you have an AMI Aux cable from Audi and it's plugged in. When I had the iPhone one plugged it, Dynavin didn't work. You have to make sure the Aux input shows up as an option when you select the Media button the dash. That's how you switch the car to play sound from the Dynavin, selecting Aux input (even though you don't really have anything plugged into the Aux AMI cable).
Old 11-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hyboost
Here is what worked for me...
Make sure you have an AMI Aux cable from Audi and it's plugged in. When I had the iPhone one plugged it, Dynavin didn't work. You have to make sure the Aux input shows up as an option when you select the Media button the dash. That's how you switch the car to play sound from the Dynavin, selecting Aux input (even though you don't really have anything plugged into the Aux AMI cable).

Hyboost,

I have a question. I have a 2015 Audi q5, I would like to just add the mirror link to my q5. Is it possible to just add the mirror link, if so, would you mind in sharing detailed and step by step instructions on how to do so. This will be my first ever mod if I manage to pull it off. Hence, the detailed instructions that I am requesting.

I apologize If I am asking you too much and would like to thank you very much in advance for any help or suggestions.

I have 2015 Q5 2.0 P+ with Tech package, bang and Olson, if that makes any difference.

Thank you.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chappieaudi
Hyboost,

I have a question. I have a 2015 Audi q5, I would like to just add the mirror link to my q5. Is it possible to just add the mirror link, if so, would you mind in sharing detailed and step by step instructions on how to do so. This will be my first ever mod if I manage to pull it off. Hence, the detailed instructions that I am requesting.

I apologize If I am asking you too much and would like to thank you very much in advance for any help or suggestions.

I have 2015 Q5 2.0 P+ with Tech package, bang and Olson, if that makes any difference.

Thank you.
The challenge you will have with just using the MirrorLink is that it needs RCA video/audio inputs to hook into. And the factory head unit doesn't have them. I'm not sure if there is anything aftermarket that can get you video input access to the Audi headunit. Look at the pictures below. The Dynavin headunit has a few of them available (for external video source like this or a camera) so it made it easier.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The challenge you will have with just using the MirrorLink is that it needs RCA video/audio inputs to hook into. And the factory head unit doesn't have them. I'm not sure if there is anything aftermarket that can get you video input access to the Audi headunit. Look at the pictures below. The Dynavin headunit has a few of them available (for external video source like this or a camera) so it made it easier.

a quick search on the internet got me on to ebay with a audi ami cable with audio video input cable, do you think that is going to work?

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess it should technically work, assuming people have successfully plugged in external video players into it and it plays (while vehicle is in motion). Not sure if Audi disables video input through AMI if the car is moving like other manufacturers.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess it should technically work, assuming people have successfully plugged in external video players into it and it plays (while vehicle is in motion). Not sure if Audi disables video input through AMI if the car is moving like other manufacturers.
Yes, they disable video in motion. But with VAGCOM you can can fix that issue!
Old 11-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chappieaudi
a quick search on the internet got me on to ebay with a audi ami cable with audio video input cable, do you think that is going to work?

Thanks.

Hyboost,

Thank you very much for making me think, I did a little research and I am positive that the head unit I have most likely ( I am 90% +ve) has A/V inputs. Now, I have an idea of where the a/v cable that come with mirror link go. But, I am still confused about where to stick the black and red wire.. would you be able to give me some instructions or shed some light on where to hook them?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Black wire is ground. Just find a good ground spot somewhere back there. That's the easier one.

Red wire is power. You have a fuse box on each side of the dash. Find a power source that comes on with ignition and connect this red wire to it. You can get fusebox tap/jumper at any auto store and just piggy back on an existing power source.

Basically, the MirrorLink needs power/ground for it to work.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where does this bit go.
Name:  Fits%20into%20Can%20interface%20box.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  177.1 KB
I know it plugs into the Can interface box, supplied.
Name:  Dynavin%20lead%20fitted%20into%20Can%20interfcae.jpg
Views: 1508
Size:  229.9 KB

But theres nothing supplied to fit to anything else.
Heres the wiring diagram.
Name:  diagram_1.png
Views: 1432
Size:  30.9 KB
The red circled connector goes into the can interface box. What do l need and where does it need to go. Also where does the green circled wire go?
Old 05-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The plug for the Can interface box is just that, plugs into the box and that's it. I assume the box is specific to the vehicle/model.

I can't see the green wire from the attachment and I honestly don't remember what that was. Can you zoom in on it? Any labels on the wire?

Quick Reply: Dynavin DVN-A5 Installed