Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

finally - Brilliant black SQ5

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 259887

Default finally - Brilliant black SQ5

finally back from Korea. Picked up my car a week ago, about two hours after getting off the plane. tinted the front, to include the windshield, and sunroof, blacked out the window trim, had the front wrapped (xpel), and gtechniq detailing. I went back and forth on the color but am glad i stuck with brilliant black. I now understand all of the talk about the Alu Kruez stabilizer as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by davidjz; 06-20-2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: forgot something
davidjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:19 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 256683

Very sharp; many grats. Steve
Old 06-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 168544

Congrats!!!
JBDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 281894

Very, very sharp...but don't try to drive around with the windscreen tint in many places around North America and in some places, with the front side windows tinted
timlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 261999

Sweet. Congrats! Glad to see another fan of Brilliant Black.
atwsrgt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 282226

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjz View Post
I now understand all of the talk about the Alu Kruez stabilizer as well.
Did you get the Alu Kruez? What, specifically, did you notice about the difference in the SQ? I've been noticing that there is some very subtle noise and feel in the front end and was wondering if that is what I need.

Beautiful SQ, BTW. What other mods are you planning? RS grill?
SQive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
Ts0
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 284535

very nice
Ts0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member

Default mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQive View Post
Did you get the Alu Kruez? What, specifically, did you notice about the difference in the SQ? I've been noticing that there is some very subtle noise and feel in the front end and was wondering if that is what I need.

Beautiful SQ, BTW. What other mods are you planning? RS grill?
thanks. I have only driven the stock SQ5 but based on talk in the forum the AK tightens things up a bit and I can see, especially in anything but dynamic mode, where id like a little more feedback.

I am tentative about any mods that could have a dealership making a fuss about warranty issues. Over the next 4-5 months I will be between NY, GA, and LA. I think for now I am going to simply drive and enjoy the car. Once I get settled in Louisiana and have some miles on the car I think id go for more performance oriented (suspension) mods.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwsrgt3 View Post
Sweet. Congrats! Glad to see another fan of Brilliant Black.
Love brilliant black but of course its not easy to maintain!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:33 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 231553

Awesome color choice, brings out the best in the Q. Let us know how you are going to break this car in.
Hockeymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
Audiworld Junior Member

Let us know how you are going to break this car in.[/QUOTE]

I am just shy of 1,000 miles. For the first 500 I was certainly a bit more cautious and conservative but since have spent most of my time in Dynamic mode. I have yet to see another one on the road. most people just see it as another Q5 until I open it up a bit. I am impressed how easy it is to get going fast without realizing it in this car.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #12
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 282226

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjz View Post
I have yet to see another one on the road. most people just see it as another Q5 until I open it up a bit. I am impressed how easy it is to get going fast without realizing it in this car.
Same here. I've seen other SQ5's online and at the dealerships, but I have yet to see another one in the wild. If anyone in the DFW area is driving in your SQ5 and you see another one honking and waving...that'd be me.
I had someone in a itsosquishi try to tailgate me the other day, but not for long. I left them with a "waahhhhh!!!" God I love this thing! Oops...90...better ease off a bit.

Last edited by SQive; 06-27-2014 at 11:27 AM.
SQive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #13
Audiworld Junior Member

Default tow hitch/update

I haven't kept up with the forum but attached a picture of the tow hitch with the cover back on. It was a DIY job so its not perfect but the price was right!

I have put nearly 3,000 miles on the car in the last month or so. It's still pretty impressive how quickly and seamlessly the car starts going fast. I am also impressed just how comfortable the car is!

Over the highway I have exactly what Audi advertises with 23 MPG. I typically make sure to keep it in comfort mode however I tend to go with the flow of traffic and exceed most posted speed limits....

GREAT CAR! no regrets. Barely see any Q5s here in Augusta let alone an SQ. Puts a smile on my face on a daily basis!
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #14
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 283477

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlocke View Post
Very, very sharp...but don't try to drive around with the windscreen tint in many places around North America and in some places, with the front side windows tinted
right, timlocke. here in Montreal our cops could give out a ticket towards tinted window...they are not easy talkers...
David&Niki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #15
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 278249

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQive View Post
Same here. I've seen other SQ5's online and at the dealerships, but I have yet to see another one in the wild.
I think I've seen 3 others in Seattle so far all in my neighborhood. One in my building, one at a different building at work, one driving a few blocks away that is also Estoril with 21s. Still, not many. Didn't see many Qs at all and zero SQ5s when I was back on the NJ Shore for vacation.

Today, walking to work (couple blocks away), I heard not saw the white one in my building. I recognized the little burble-sort-of-wastegate-dump sound the throttle makes when you push it a bit (sorry, don't know what else to call this noise -- I think you guys should know what I'm talking about... or else, you're doing it wrong! ). Looked over my shoulder, saw the SQ and smiled.

On the break-in topic, I've done 700 miles so far (in 2 mos, which is a lot for me... did I mention I walk to work?!). The other night I was on the highway and let it go hard for the first time when some guy in a Carrera 4 Cab punched it in front of me. He was faster... but not as much as I bet he wished he was.
big residual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement