Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 243089
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 34
Default Hartmann concerns with spacers

Hey all. About ready to pull the trigger on some Hartmann 20 peelers
http://shop.achtuning.com/hartmann-h...-for-audi.aspx

Talked to ACHtuning and the finish I want only comes in ET40. They recommended a set of spacers (12mm front 20mm rear) to bring them more in line with the fenders versus the ET25 in the silver finish.

Should I be concerned about adding these spacers? Anyone have any pictures of a similar setup? Thanks in advance, want to be as informed as possible before I drop 1380 on rims alone.
alpinestaraudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 109574
 
ELEVENS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: yoo ess of eh
Posts: 4,245
Default

spacers suck. band-aid. what a crappy cop out. Hartmann is good stuff but really - spacers? ugh! they should be free or better yet - they should pay YOU for having to use them.
__________________
______________________________
2007 RS4 Daytona Gray Pearl Effect
Silver Nappa Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim
Audi SuperSport Plus Suspension, GIAC software
No sunroof, rear airbags, resonator, or carbon (thrice cleaned)
Only took 3 passes to run 12.5 @110mph completely smog legal on pump gas
Winter: Dunlop WinterSport 4D 225/45-18 on 7.5" Italias
2010 Q5 Deep Sea Blue Pearl Effect
Cinnamon Brown Leather / Brushed Aluminum Trim
3.2L []S-Line w/ 20's, B&O, & hitch
Winter: Blizzak DM-V1 235-19 on Hartmann TTRS reps
2007 A4 Cab Ibis White
Beige Leather / Birch Trim
2.0T Quattro
Continental ExtremeContact DWS
ELEVENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 243089
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELEVENS View Post
spacers suck. band-aid. what a crappy cop out. Hartmann is good stuff but really - spacers? ugh! they should be free or better yet - they should pay YOU for having to use them.
They want another 250 for a set of spacers
alpinestaraudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 237552
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 218
Default

I have no idea why they make the same damn wheel in silver with one offset and then in titanium finish in a completely different one. How is that not interchangeable? I emailed them about ET25 titanium peelers and they said "maybe" this year. Clearly their production contract has more say than they do.

I totally agree, bandaid fix and if I'm buying a replacement wheelset for style points, it better have the offset I want or I'm not buying. Now putting spacers on OEM wheels is a little more palatable.

Last edited by Transfer; 03-18-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Transfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 243089
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I have no idea why they make the same damn wheel in silver with one offset and then in titanium finish in a completely different one. How is that not interchangeable? I emailed them about ET25 titanium peelers and they said "maybe" this year. Clearly their production contract has more say than they do.

I totally agree, bandaid fix and if I'm buying a replacement wheelset for style points, it better have the offset I want or I'm not buying. Now putting spacers on OEM wheels is a little more palatable.
Almost thinking of purchasing the silver finish in ET25 and having them powdercoated. Not sure if I can bring myself to do it knowing they make them in a finish I like...just not the offset.
alpinestaraudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 168544
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gainesville,TX Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestaraudi View Post
Almost thinking of purchasing the silver finish in ET25 and having them powdercoated. Not sure if I can bring myself to do it knowing they make them in a finish I like...just not the offset.
This is what I did. Spacers seem so Pep Boys to me. I will have my silver RS4 replica wheels powder coated this summer. $65 a wheel.
JBDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 182585
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDinTX View Post
This is what I did. Spacers seem so Pep Boys to me. I will have my silver RS4 replica wheels powder coated this summer. $65 a wheel.
Not to hijack this thread, but I will anyway!

JB, you've got an SQ5, right? I've got the 21" wheel option on my SQ5 and as most know, the market for replacement tires is very limited and the only offerings are summer tires. I don't want to go thru another North Texas winter with summer tires, so I've been researching options and have narrowed it down to 20" Hartmann reps, which greatly expands the tire offerings. My question is, does anyone know the factory offset for the 21s/what offset I need to specify on the 20" Hartmanns to avoid spacers?

Thanks!
TDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 237552
 
Transfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIII View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but I will anyway!

JB, you've got an SQ5, right? I've got the 21" wheel option on my SQ5 and as most know, the market for replacement tires is very limited and the only offerings are summer tires. I don't want to go thru another North Texas winter with summer tires, so I've been researching options and have narrowed it down to 20" Hartmann reps, which greatly expands the tire offerings. My question is, does anyone know the factory offset for the 21s/what offset I need to specify on the 20" Hartmanns to avoid spacers?

Thanks!
Factory offset is ET33 all 4 corners. Get ET25 if you can.
Transfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 24811
 
JaXeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIII View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but I will anyway!

JB, you've got an SQ5, right? I've got the 21" wheel option on my SQ5 and as most know, the market for replacement tires is very limited and the only offerings are summer tires. I don't want to go thru another North Texas winter with summer tires, so I've been researching options and have narrowed it down to 20" Hartmann reps, which greatly expands the tire offerings. My question is, does anyone know the factory offset for the 21s/what offset I need to specify on the 20" Hartmanns to avoid spacers?

Thanks!
Click the image to open in full size.

JaXeN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 182585
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Factory offset is ET33 all 4 corners. Get ET25 if you can.
Thanks, Transfer.

JaXeN, why are you beating that horse? It's dead......
TDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community