Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

How to maintain matte finish of SQ5 Nappa leather?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to maintain matte finish of SQ5 Nappa leather?

Thanks to everyone who posted in my thread about "sealants vs. waxes" earlier this week -- great advice! I'm new to Audi (2015 SQ5 Technik), & want to try to maintain the vehicle's beautiful finish, both inside & out. Now that I think I've got a preferred approach for the exterior, just curious how to maintain the natural "non-glossy" look of the very nice Nappa leather interior. As with waxes/sealants, there are many opinions. Many seem to like the Pinnacle line of products, as well as Lexol, Leatherique, Connolly, etc. I truly don't like a glossy or shiny finish to leather -- I'd really like to preserve the soft/natural/matte finish of the Nappa seats as they are now. Just curious what others have had luck with.

P.S. - My seats are black non-perforated Nappa leather (with the white stitching)

Cheers,

Al
Old 09-30-2014, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had all the leather in my Q5s interior coated with Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard. It's kept it all like new, but it has to be reapplied every 6 months.

L1 Leather Guard-100ml | Interior

I also have some Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle for another car, which keeps the leather soft and makes it smell like new as well.

Zaino Store : Z-10 Leather in a Bottle
Old 09-30-2014, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by - B -
I had all the leather in my Q5s interior coated with Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard. It's kept it all like new, but it has to be reapplied every 6 months.

L1 Leather Guard-100ml | Interior

I also have some Zaino Z-10 Leather in a Bottle for another car, which keeps the leather soft and makes it smell like new as well.

Zaino Store : Z-10 Leather in a Bottle
I use the Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard as well. AWESOME product! I'm very happy with it.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using Pinnacle Black Label Coditioner and it works beautifully. You can also try Connoly or Leathertique. The important thing is to use conditioner sparingly and use the same product for the duration. Take your time and rub it into the leather...you can use your bare hand here...it helps to feel where you're using too much or too little product. Don't go cheap here... buy a good quality product and stay away from anything containing silicone. Autogeek.net is a great resource for research on any detailing products