Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Introducing the Carista OBD device!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrios
Cant seem to get footwell lights to work.

Whats the trick?

Hidden menu worked. Can we even change anything in there without VCDS and Ross tech cable?
The trick to footwell lights is to try them when it's dark outside and your headlights are on.

About the hidden menu: yes, you can change everything in there just from your MMI. No need for other software or any cables. Once you enable the menu in Carista, you can just use it through your MMI.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
The trick to footwell lights is to try them when it's dark outside and your headlights are on.

About the hidden menu: yes, you can change everything in there just from your MMI. No need for other software or any cables. Once you enable the menu in Carista, you can just use it through your MMI.
Cool Thanks.

Did the oil temp and lap timer make it in this version?
Old 06-03-2015, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do you mean once this 'hidden' menu is enabled via Carista paid app you can do all of the functionality available via Carista via the MMI instead?
Old 06-03-2015, 02:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is there a description anywhere that describes each setting in the hidden menu - or at least the most useful ones?
Old 06-03-2015, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does it void the warranty by doing changes?

Dealer always ask if changes were made, plus it seems they can detect that changes were applied.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Once Hidden Menu is enabled on Carista and applied it then how do you display the Hidden Menu on a 2015 A4 B8.5 3G MMI?
Old 06-03-2015, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Introducing the Carista OBD device!

Originally Posted by Zigaroo

Dealer always ask if changes were made, plus it seems they can detect that changes were applied.
Ordered yesterday also wondering about warranty too. Any comments on it?
Old 06-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by andrios
Cool Thanks.

Did the oil temp and lap timer make it in this version?
Nope, not yet. They weren't tested enough. Especially the oil temp - it wasn't showing up for a lot of users. Do you guys know if there's a trick to get it to show up after it's enabled? I've read that it shows dashes until the engine gets to a certain temperature and then it shows the actual value, but how do you get it to show up at all?

Originally Posted by Rockout
Do you mean once this 'hidden' menu is enabled via Carista paid app you can do all of the functionality available via Carista via the MMI instead?
No, once the hidden menu is enabled, you can use whatever is in the hidden menu just through the MMI. There are separate threads about what that allows you to do... and I'm not an expert at that stuff. Our app just enables it. What you do with it afterwards is outside of our scope

Originally Posted by hojbjerg
Is there a description anywhere that describes each setting in the hidden menu - or at least the most useful ones?
Yeah, just search around on the forum, especially in the A4 B8 section - their MMI is the same and there's lots of info in their section.

Originally Posted by Zigaroo

We have no official statement about warranty from Audi, but the things that Carista changes are mostly convenience settings that don't affect how the car performs. For example, we don't reflash ECUs or change engine parameters. Our customers haven't had any issues with warranty so far, but I can't legally say that it won't void your warranty because we don't have any such guarantee from Audi. As our terms & conditions say, use at your own risk. For the record, the way Carista changes settings is equivalent to what other PC software does with proprietary cables, and what the dealers' system does. By the way, Carista's changes are less detectable than our PC-based competition. I'd be curious if your dealer can detect changes made by Carista, especially if you change something and then change it back.

Originally Posted by dnacpil
Once Hidden Menu is enabled on Carista and applied it then how do you display the Hidden Menu on a 2015 A4 B8.5 3G MMI?
You press and hold the SETUP and CAR buttons, in that order, holding them together for about 6-8 seconds. A green menu should appear.

Originally Posted by DanD.
Ordered yesterday also wondering about warranty too. Any comments on it?
See above.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received the Carista device today. Works great, it took me little while to figure out that I did not need to do a Bluetooth pairing.

Now that I have the hidden menu enabled, I am still looking for a guide that explains the most useful settings. Any pointers are appreciated.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by hojbjerg
Received the Carista device today. Works great, it took me little while to figure out that I did not need to do a Bluetooth pairing.

Now that I have the hidden menu enabled, I am still looking for a guide that explains the most useful settings. Any pointers are appreciated.
Check out these 2 threads on audizine - most of the stuff they talk about is done via coding (and Carista supports a lot of those settings), but some of them are done through the hidden menu - and that's where those threads come in handy:
VCDS & Hidden menu: The complete list
VCDS/Hidden Menu Mods Updated For Facelift 2013 B8.5's

Quick Reply: Introducing the Carista OBD device!