Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Member, New SQ5 Buh Bye X3

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by utcadman
Well I did it...!

Ordered today. They actually had a SQ5 on the lot and took a nice drive. Was happy. It had 21s felt great to me, so I went with that. They are good looking!

Daytona, Black Std. interior. Technology 21's. Black optics. BO Stereo. Atlas Carbon. Badge Change and Tow hitch.

62,290 less 6% no questions asked no stress. The deal I wanted and they had one on allocation so hopeful wait wont be too long.

Thanks for your help!

j
Time to start planning mods such a springs, sways, winter tires/wheels, tint, etc......

Your bank account will be angry at you.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

that will be a sweet rig. welcome to the q5 family!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

For all the input....

I did my research this weekend and I decided to change to 20 from the 21s. Tire choice is too limited. I live in the mountains! It's all seasons ALL the time. With that said I need some options... Thanks will post as I learn more..

J
Old 01-11-2015, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anybody know if the 19in wheels from the S3 will fit on the SQ5? They should, right?
Old 01-11-2015, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For all the input....

I did my research this weekend and I decided to change to 20 from the 21s. Tire choice is too limited. I live in the mountains! It's all seasons ALL the time. With that said I need some options... Thanks will post as I learn more..

J
Why not winter tires in the winter?
Old 01-12-2015, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, there will be winter tires in the winter. Without a doubt! Ive used them all:-) The issue is I could not find Winter Scorpion's in the 21 size at tire rack... I can still get snow into June... also starting in September. So I was looking at getting the best A/S tire I could get and then Winter tires... Temp also being an issue. Nights can be cold-anytime.. Gotta love mountain living...
Old 01-12-2015, 04:26 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do find the Scorpion Winters in 21" this year, let me know. I've looked high and low and it looks like Pirelli's run for this yr is completely sold out.

-tgt

Hi, there will be winter tires in the winter. Without a doubt! Ive used them all:-) The issue is I could not find Winter Scorpion's in the 21 size at tire rack... I can still get snow into June... also starting in September. So I was looking at getting the best A/S tire I could get and then Winter tires... Temp also being an issue. Nights can be cold-anytime.. Gotta love mountain living...
Old 01-12-2015, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That makes sense. I run A/S on all my cars in the summer for the same reason. They all have winter tires and wheels too, of course.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 20"

Our '14 SQ5 Prestige had the 21" wheels and tires. They are good looking. They are more harsh riding (a bit) than the 20" wheel and tire option. The 20" wheels will make it easier and less money to find and replace tires of any type, summer, winter or a/s. We wanted the Extreme Performance DWS's and, at the time, as I recall, the DWS size chart did not include a fit for the Audi factory 21's.

Another buyer, at the exact same moment, was buying another SQ5 and did want the 21" wheels and tires -- we swapped with him, customer to customer with the dealer doing all of the work (including the warranty requirements) for us. We ordered the DSW 20" tires from the TireRack and "gave" the OEM tires to the dealer. We all got what we wanted, that is.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Why give new tires away?

Quick Reply: New Member, New SQ5 Buh Bye X3