Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Purchase Delivery in US - What Is Included?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Purchase Delivery in US - What Is Included?

Just bought a new Q5 2.0T over the weekend. Deal process went late into Saturday night, so the "Delivery Cleanup" wasn't performed, we're just to bring the car back during the week. We got a basic orientation, received what looks like an entire owners manual package, and received the Audi Connect package with the SIM card. Floor mats are installed. The next morning I'm glancing over the car and owner manual, and there's no tool kit in the lower trunk behind the spare, and I can't find a jack anywhere (this model has the inflatable spacesaver spare, I'll look for the compressor tonight.) There also is noting inside the long narrow compartment in the rear liftgate (that's the road hazard triangle?). I'm assuming these items are part of the final delivery cleanup we're still owed (we have that in writing).

My question is, what standard "loose" items should be included in a new car? So I can confirm we receive these when we go for the cleanup. If it makes any difference, it's a PP with tech package and B&O.

Thanks, RJ
Old 06-01-2015, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ava15
Just bought a new Q5 2.0T over the weekend. Deal process went late into Saturday night, so the "Delivery Cleanup" wasn't performed, we're just to bring the car back during the week. We got a basic orientation, received what looks like an entire owners manual package, and received the Audi Connect package with the SIM card. Floor mats are installed. The next morning I'm glancing over the car and owner manual, and there's no tool kit in the lower trunk behind the spare, and I can't find a jack anywhere (this model has the inflatable spacesaver spare, I'll look for the compressor tonight.) There also is noting inside the long narrow compartment in the rear liftgate (that's the road hazard triangle?). I'm assuming these items are part of the final delivery cleanup we're still owed (we have that in writing).

My question is, what standard "loose" items should be included in a new car? So I can confirm we receive these when we go for the cleanup. If it makes any difference, it's a PP with tech package and B&O.

Thanks, RJ
Look under the carpet, under the plastic bin, under the rear compartment.

You'll miss it if you don't know it's there.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did you get your Crossbars?

The Air compressor is in the trunk, left side behind a removeable panel.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
Look under the carpet, under the plastic bin, under the rear compartment.

You'll miss it if you don't know it's there.
Wow, 4 levels down! Under the bin were two more lids! Thanks!
Old 06-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by q5 dave
Did you get your Crossbars?

The Air compressor is in the trunk, left side behind a removeable panel.
Yes, they were in the back. One more layer on top of the tool kit!

Found the compressor, wondering how long it would take to fill the tire!

Thanks, RJ
Old 06-02-2015, 03:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How about the hazard triangle that goes in the liftgate compartment, is that standard equipment? We had the "first aid kit" option.

Thanks, RJ
Old 06-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Ava15
How about the hazard triangle that goes in the liftgate compartment, is that standard equipment? We had the "first aid kit" option.

Thanks, RJ
I did not have the first aid kit but there was no hazard triangle in my car. Had to buy separately but, be warned, some triangles advertised for the Q5 do not fit. A search of this board will tell you which is the correct one to go for Steve
Old 06-02-2015, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Yes when I traded in my 2003 A4 avant I absconded with the first-aid kit and the warning triangle which had come with it.Over the years Audi,like everyone else,have been trying to maintain prices, so the Q5 lacks a few frills and less obvious details are of a lower quality but so what.The machine itself is wonderful,safer,faster,far more efficient , probably more durable etc.By the way the triangle doesn't fit in the hatch compartment so I stuck in the cubby above the tools,jack etc.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scrmorling
I did not have the first aid kit but there was no hazard triangle in my car. Had to buy separately but, be warned, some triangles advertised for the Q5 do not fit. A search of this board will tell you which is the correct one to go for Steve
Thanks! Have a lot of research to do on the forum: triangles, SD cards, rubber liner mats, to start. And lots of options to be configured!

Thanks again! RJ
Old 06-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
Yes when I traded in my 2003 A4 avant I absconded with the first-aid kit and the warning triangle which had come with it.Over the years Audi,like everyone else,have been trying to maintain prices, so the Q5 lacks a few frills and less obvious details are of a lower quality but so what.The machine itself is wonderful,safer,faster,far more efficient , probably more durable etc.By the way the triangle doesn't fit in the hatch compartment so I stuck in the cubby above the tools,jack etc.
Thanks! And I noticed the Alfa in your sig - way cool!

RJ

Quick Reply: New Purchase Delivery in US - What Is Included?