Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Official Audi world Q5/SQ5 Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysti
You got me wondering about the color now. I see yours is a monsoon gray and your picture looks a lighter color than my picture. I have the brochure with all the colors in it so I compared to mine. In the shady parts it matched closer to Daytona, and in the sunlight it matched closer to Monsoon.

It is another dreary, rainy day today. I will take new pictures when I have a sunny day.
Yeah, it could be the phone. My dumb-phone only likes to take pictures while in my pocket.
You can't go wrong either way. They're both fine (albeit neutral) colors.
The other day, I was looking down on it from the 8th floor and didn't recognize it at first. It looked like a different, two-toned vehicle...light gray on top and darker gray on the sides. I remember thinking "What the...wow! Is that mine?" I don't know that anyone here has repainted one two-tone, but it did look sharp that way.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I currently have a 2011 Q5 3.2 Sline in Meteor Grey and my new Q5 TDI Sline in Utopia Blue just arrived at the dealer. Should be behind the wheel by Friday. For those that have not seen Utopia Blue it is (MHO) a very striking colour. A Scuba Blue Q5 is next to mine and the Q5 left of it is Monsoon Grey.

Last edited by luv2golf; 09-28-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2golf
I currently have a 2011 Q5 3.2 Sline in Meteor Grey and my new Q5 TDI Sline in Utopia Blue just arrived at the dealer. Should be behind the wheel by Friday. For those that have not seen Utopia Blue it is (MHO) a very striking colour. A Scuba Blue Q5 is next to mine and the Q5 left of it is Monsoon Grey.
Beautiful color. Congrats!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ak1983
I really liked the 20s! Also didn't want the same wheels as the husband.
I was having some doubts about my choice of 20's as the looks are probably better with them and upgrade price is decent, but after riding 20's on NY roads and checking 21's available options/pricing, I think that was a correct call for me. Also, in terms of sidewall flexing, I could not feel that big of a difference between 45 and 40 series tires. Most likely will use stock rims for winters and get a lighter set for summer.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2010 Premium Plus

Here's mine!
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2014, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is that red or what?
Nice lookin' ride!
Oh...and welcome to the forum.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

@Mysti: Great looking Q! Does yours have the chrome on top of the door handles? I can't tell in your photos (but can clearly see it on luv2golf's Q).

@luv2golf: Gorgeous car! Have lots of torquey fun with that TDI (can't wait to get mine)!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by metta
@Mysti: Great looking Q! Does yours have the chrome on top of the door handles? I can't tell in your photos (but can clearly see it on luv2golf's Q).

Hi, metta. Yes it does have chrome on top of the door handles. It isn't very noticeable against the gray car, but it is there. When the rain ends here and I take new pictures, I will get a better angle.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Mysti,

Yes, the handles have the chrome tops. My salesman was surprised by this change (also has a chrome strip at the bottom lip of the rear hatch). These are changes to the Canadian Sline that did not exist in 2014. It seems that I would have had to have ordered the Black Optics package in order to have the body coloured handles. Given that it was a dealer issue they are investigating ordering new body coloured handles and doing the replacement at no charge. Since this is my second Q5 from the same salesman and dealership, they are doing whatever is required to keep me satisfied with my purchase.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

@SQive Ha! Ha! and thanks!

Originally Posted by SQive
Is that red or what?
Nice lookin' ride!
Oh...and welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Official Audi world Q5/SQ5 Photo Thread