Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ordered SQ5 with no sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seablue - there's no need for special order or Audi Individual to have Audi build one without a pano roof. Delete panoramic roof has always been available for the Q5. For 2014, it's a no-cost option code PFH. Because it will be tougher for resale or to sell to any prospective buyer new without the pano roof, some dealers may require a non-refundable deposit on sold orders with PFH though. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I realize that but the op said he ordered a q5 without the sunroof not just the pano
Old 09-03-2013, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaBlue

I realize that but the op said he ordered a q5 without the sunroof not just the pano
Oh I did not know that. I assumed that pano roof delete meant no retractable roof at all of any sort and you're left with just an all metal roof. I have not seen a US-spec Q5 with just a regular sized (non-pano) sunroof. Do they even exist for our market?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Must be available since the option is there. I would rather have had the pano delete myself. I had a dark tint put on the pano and it does help with the heat.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

OK. You guys got me really confused, so I asked the dealer. Here is the answer
"The roof will be solid. On the outside (top) there will be no evidence of an opening. On the interior there will be no evidence of an opening and the headliner will be black."
Just the way I wanted.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by larryV
Oh I did not know that. I assumed that pano roof delete meant no retractable roof at all of any sort and you're left with just an all metal roof. I have not seen a US-spec Q5 with just a regular sized (non-pano) sunroof. Do they even exist for our market?
I assumed the same. I thought Option PFH would delete any and all sunroofs (pano included), making the roof all metal. My husband has an s5 with a sunroof (not pano) and I would prefer that type as it isn't as large and doesn't open except for the front raises. It allows light into the cabin yet keeps the heat issue down.

Curious now?????
Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by MAMOHT
OK. You guys got me really confused, so I asked the dealer. Here is the answer
"The roof will be solid. On the outside (top) there will be no evidence of an opening. On the interior there will be no evidence of an opening and the headliner will be black."
Just the way I wanted.
And the reading lights move towards the center as well.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rdA4WtQ5
When I bought mine in 2011 there were many without sunroofs on dealer lots available in south Florida. I thought I may have to get one there. I did find one in CT and I bought it. My engineering background helped me determine that a Q5 is a better vehicle without such a large hole in the roof. I would have considered a more normal size sunroof if such a thing was available. Lighter, stronger potentially drier is always a good thing. Having a cab and a motorcycle gives me all the open air motoring I need. I really don't think the re-sale value would be changed much higher or lower.
+1 here! Way too much glass in my opinion. A normal sized sunroof with a solid sliding cover would have been tolerable. My 2012 was ordered without the sunroof and my 2014 (on order) was ordered the same way.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

It was my belief the sunroof was standard and the pano was the option. I'm a little smarter today then I was yesterday.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaBlue
It was my belief the sunroof was standard and the pano was the option. I'm a little smarter today then I was yesterday.
The pano roof is standard on all Q5 and SQ5 except 2.0T which comes with no sunroof at all in base trim.

pano roof is a priced option for 2.0T

delete pano roof is a no cost option for 3.0T, TDI, Hybrid, SQ5. (all metal roof)

standard non-pano sunroof is not an option for any US-spec Q5.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 225 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Same here, order no pano....

Originally Posted by goti
+1 here! Way too much glass in my opinion. A normal sized sunroof with a solid sliding cover would have been tolerable. My 2012 was ordered without the sunroof and my 2014 (on order) was ordered the same way.
on my 2014 Q5, same special order for no sunroof with my other two prior A4 Audis. I just don't get why owners like a sun roof with the sun beating down on them and the noise. I thought that's why they engineered in the HVAC.

Quick Reply: Ordered SQ5 with no sunroof