Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 RS "Announcement"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If this comes to North America, this just might be my next ride. Love my SQ5, can't imagine it with 100+ more hp. WOOOOO!
Old 01-26-2016, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
If this comes to North America, this just might be my next ride. Love my SQ5, can't imagine it with 100+ more hp. WOOOOO!

Right there with you, but convincing the wife might be a hard sell.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorthValley
Oooh, perhaps I will be getting a next gen Q5 after all then! I have previously said that I would only get another Q5 if it came in an RS guise. While I love my SQ5 it doesn't quite have the stock power I am looking for. 450bhp will do for a while!
Tune it w/ a pulley, you'll change your mind :-)
Old 01-27-2016, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd bet money there will not be an RS version the first year of the all new model.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayCar
Tune it w/ a pulley, you'll change your mind :-)
What he said ^^^^^

I personally am bummed about the seeming demise of supercharged engines at Audi. I've been waiting for an RS version Q, but if rumors are true and it's turbo, I'm just not feelin it.

But....Maybe I've driven all the wrong turbo cars and continuous improvement will prove me wrong. Here's to hoping!
Old 01-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They have said the Twin Turbo will be out a year later I think. I too am sad about the loss of superchargers, but if as some on here say, the new twin turbos and the far superior dual clutch setups should eliminate alot of the issues we all are concerned about.

For now I am going to enjoy the supercharger, and look into stage 2 mods once ive driven the car in for a couple thousand kms.

With the RS Q5 though, I am much more interested in all the technology and design upgrades, since the sq5 is still lagging behind a bit in those regards.

Exciting times ahead though once the Mexico plant irons out all the kinks!
Old 02-03-2016, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving my SQ5 today, thinking it'd be nice to have the Euro version in TDI. But it's not coming to the states. I'd never get an APR on my SQ5 for warranty reasons. Had an A5 go bad with an APR stage 1 tune. I work from home and rarely drive and don't care about mileage, but it'd be nice to get bad mileage and have 100 more HP.

I'm also somewhat anti-turbo but readings on this forum reminded me not all have to be laggy. BMW does a great job with theirs to the point it's almost supercharger or n/a feeling! I thought the macan had a bit of lag and the BMW made it feel really laggy. If this new SQ5 twin turbo does what BMW does it'll be great. I was set on getting an electric Q6 but for my needs and winter driving it's probably not gonna happen so this RS would be nice.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AussieSQ5Canada
They have said the Twin Turbo will be out a year later I think. I too am sad about the loss of superchargers, but if as some on here say, the new twin turbos and the far superior dual clutch setups should eliminate alot of the issues we all are concerned about.

For now I am going to enjoy the supercharger, and look into stage 2 mods once ive driven the car in for a couple thousand kms.

With the RS Q5 though, I am much more interested in all the technology and design upgrades, since the sq5 is still lagging behind a bit in those regards.

If the new S4 is getting the ZF 8-Speed exclusively, guaranteed the next SQ5 and RSQ5 will be tiptronic only.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieSQ5Canada

Forget dual clutch (S tronic) in SQ or possible RS model

All new RS models have tiptronic, except RS3 and RSQ3 (small engines)

According to the unwritten rule RS models come two years after the presentation of the standard model

FYI: Audi has a lot of problems with S-tronic

Last edited by spijun; 02-03-2016 at 08:55 PM.