Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 TDI Oil Dipstick parts #

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 TDI Oil Dipstick parts #

I know this has been covered before but with so many part #s out there I was confused and wanted to confirm the correct part's number. This is the reply I received from ESC Tuning: https://www.ecstuning.com/Cart/?add1...salesrep=NBair.

Part # 059115 611AM. I read this on the ESC Tuning site for these dipsticks, "Being in the so close to the engine, the dipstick is subject to extreme temperatures and the top can often crack or break when removed. Don't take the chance of a broken dipstick dropping plastic debris into your oil pan". That sure does not give me any comfort. Are these dipsticks more affected by heat than normal?

If anybody is already using this please let us know how your review.

Last edited by gojones; 04-13-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gojones
I know this has been covered before but with so many part #s out there I was confused and wanted to confirm the correct part's number. This is the reply I received from ESC Tuning: https://www.ecstuning.com/Cart/?add1...salesrep=NBair.

Part # 059115 611AM. I read this on the ESC Tuning site for these dipsticks, "Being in the so close to the engine, the dipstick is subject to extreme temperatures and the top can often crack or break when removed. Don't take the chance of a broken dipstick dropping plastic debris into your oil pan". That sure does not give me any comfort. Are these dipsticks more affected by heat than normal?

If anybody is already using this please let us know how your review.
As far as I know there is no dipstick available for the Q5 TDI 3.0. There is for the Q7..which seems odd…

A couple of parts checks Q5 vs Q7 show some parts the same..others not..
Example is the dipstick tube is the same, but the lower oil pan is not..

Dipstick, DIESEL, 2013-14 for 2014 Audi Q7 059115611AM Make your parts order now.

Tube, DIESEL for 2014 Audi Q5 059115630AH Securely order online now - it's fast.

So if the lower pan is different..the dipstick could be too…As much as I want a dipstick, I won't put a wrong on in..and potentially cause a bigger issue..like break a part of the dipstick off in the engine..

Last edited by SJGQ5; 04-14-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks SJGQ5. I received the dipstick just moments ago. To my disbelief, it appears to be all plastic (handle, rod, and tip). I can't use this even if it is correct unless the oil is cold. This cannot be meant to be housed in the dipstick tube. Are you familiar with this ?????
Old 04-16-2015, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To my disbelief, it appears to be all plastic (handle, rod, and tip). I can't use this even if it is correct unless the oil is cold. This cannot be meant to be housed in the dipstick tube.?????
Why not? Dipsticks on many cars have components made of hard plastic and are meant to be housed in the dipstick tube like that.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
Why not? Dipsticks on many cars have components made of hard plastic and are meant to be housed in the dipstick tube like that.
Okay, thanks, I just am not familiar with plastic dipsticks. So.... how do I remove the plug. Do I just pull it straight out or is there some trick turn. I tried to unscrew but it just turns and dose not move. Was reluctant to just grab with pliers and pull without making sure.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It should just pull right out, but typically does require a bit of force to do it.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay, thanks, I just am not familiar with plastic dipsticks. So.... how do I remove the plug. Do I just pull it straight out or is there some trick turn. I tried to unscrew but it just turns and dose not move. Was reluctant to just grab with pliers and pull without making sure.
If it is anything like the 3.0 gas dipstick then just give it a slight twist to loosen it and pull it straight out.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP..let us know how it fits once you get the tube cap off
Old 04-16-2015, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just heard back from Josh at ESC Tuning. "Hello,

Yes this is the Genuine OE dipstick and the plastic is not an issue with the heat of the engine or the oil in it."

Thank you

I really appreciate the quick responses I have received from ESC. I will get the plug out tomorrow and report back on how it fits the Q5 3.0 TDI.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really appreciate the quick responses I have received from ESC. I will get the plug out tomorrow and report back on how it fits the Q5 3.0 TDI.
I'm going to guess it's too long based on the last 059 115 611 AM discussion:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...ssues-2870420/

...but please do let us know what you find out.

Quick Reply: Q5 TDI Oil Dipstick parts #