Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Scott Keogh's email (Prez of Audi USA)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Scott Keogh's email (Prez of Audi USA)

Scott sent me (and probably hundreds of thousands of others) his very fluffy corporate bull***t this AM.

Does AoA really think that their customers are stupid? They should have had Donald Trump issue a statement, something like this:

"Audi has a bunch of clowns running R&D. They are stupid, stupid, stupid. Deport everybody and I'll make beautiful cars by hiring people who know how to build real cars. I'd build a wall around the factory, have Porsche pay for it, and only let the best engineers through the big, beautiful door that will have my name inscribed in gold above it. In the short term, provide all Audi owners with a Telsa S6 until VW gets their s**t together."
Old 10-01-2015, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As a 3.0 TDI owner, I also saw that email as crap. They squandered the opportunity to say 'The 3.0 TDI does NOT have cheat devices'. Instead they just said '3.0 was not referenced in the EPA's letter'.... Well they might as well said... 'they havent caught us yet on the 3.0 so we are taking the fifth amendment on that subject'....

Pathetic.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same email & had the same exact thoughts when I read that line. I even went as far to reply back to the email address at the bottom quoting that line how it was extremely misleading. He should have just left that out of the email as he comes off like someone who's hiding something.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Keogh did the right thing in reaching out with his letter. Handing out the contact info was the primary reason and shows they are supporting their customers with what information they have presently. The EPA hasn't yet released findings on any other TDI product or any other diesel power plant emissions from other manufacturers, so what is he supposed to say? He is waiting just as we are. Any letter is better than none at all.

Hopefully, and I think most of us are pretty confident, that the urea-injected 3.0TDI vehicles will pass inspection.

Stay calm and motor on.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can only imagine the number of people who reviewed that letter to make sure every word was just the way they wanted. Vague and noncommittal admitting nothing. I'm sure the legal department was at the forefront of the review.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Mr. Keogh did the right thing in reaching out with his letter. Handing out the contact info was the primary reason and shows they are supporting their customers with what information they have presently. The EPA hasn't yet released findings on any other TDI product or any other diesel power plant emissions from other manufacturers, so what is he supposed to say? He is waiting just as we are. Any letter is better than none at all.

Hopefully, and I think most of us are pretty confident, that the urea-injected 3.0TDI vehicles will pass inspection.

Stay calm and motor on.
I wouldnt expect VAG to need to be told whether cheat devices are present in the 3.0 TDI. VAG should already know that. A proactive statement that no cheats were used would be reassuring. What they said about the 3.0 was not very reassuring at all in my opinion. I remain hopeful that all is ok but my understanding is that one of the engines with confirmed cheats is a urea equipped Passat (would be nice if I am wrong here).... which also shouldnt need cheats...
Old 10-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
I remain hopeful that all is ok but my understanding is that one of the engines with confirmed cheats is a urea equipped Passat (would be nice if I am wrong here).... which also shouldnt need cheats...
I agree. The DEF equipped Passat being included in the recall is the wild card here. It's the one piece of inconsistency that casts doubt on our DEF equipped 3.0 engines. If VW had 10 meetings with the EPA and CARB and then finally admitted to the softwares existence, then from that point forward hiding additional cars would not have been in their best interest. Look at how long the investigation took place, when the EPA found out, and when they finally notified the public. There are large gaps. That's because making a statement without having information to back it up, even if VW admitted it verbally, could put them (the EPA) into a serious legal battle. I have a feeling they already have an answer from VW as to wether our 3.0 engines are clear or not. At this point it's just a matter of making sure they (the EPA) have a clear path through the red tape before they disclose it publicly and also what VW's official fix is going to be for the already disclosed affected models.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
As a 3.0 TDI owner, I also saw that email as crap. They squandered the opportunity to say 'The 3.0 TDI does NOT have cheat devices'. Instead they just said '3.0 was not referenced in the EPA's letter'.... Well they might as well said... 'they havent caught us yet on the 3.0 so we are taking the fifth amendment on that subject'....

Pathetic.
I specifically asked them to the email thsy gave to categotically confirm the Q5 has no cheat device. We will see if they answee
Old 10-01-2015, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Barraged
Scott sent me (and probably hundreds of thousands of others) his very fluffy corporate bull***t this AM.

Does AoA really think that their customers are stupid? They should have had Donald Trump issue a statement, something like this:

"Audi has a bunch of clowns running R&D. They are stupid, stupid, stupid. Deport everybody and I'll make beautiful cars by hiring people who know how to build real cars. I'd build a wall around the factory, have Porsche pay for it, and only let the best engineers through the big, beautiful door that will have my name inscribed in gold above it. In the short term, provide all Audi owners with a Telsa S6 until VW gets their s**t together."
The other issue for me is how do any of the current heads in the US have any credibility to deal with regulators. I'm stunned that they've not been fired yet.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hitchens97
I specifically asked them to the email thsy gave to categotically confirm the Q5 has no cheat device. We will see if they answee
Would be interesting to see a poll on 'will they answer or ignore your email'...

Quick Reply: Scott Keogh's email (Prez of Audi USA)