Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

So close, and yet...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmicah
If you really want to torture yourself you have to special order the car.
Consider me tortured! It's a custom configured Q5 TDI that we ordered back in January. And to make matters worse...

THE WAIT CONTINUES!

It was an infuriating day at the dealer. I went over after work to pick up the Q5 and discovered that Geico had claimed to the dealership that I had no policy with them (false). They're required to stamp and fax to the dealership's on-site vehicle registry desk an "RMV-1" form in order for our registration to go through and plates to be issued. I called Geico and fought with them for 90 minutes until the stamped fax was finally sent over to the dealership. And then!...

Our registration was rejected by the state of MA. Why? Because my wife was long ago a resident of MA before moving out to California where she and I met. So when the registry desk plugged in her social security number, it returned an error stating that the social security number matched a different name previously recorded in the MA vehicle registry. Which name, you ask? Yes, indeed, her maiden name! So we were told that my wife needs to visit the RMV to change her name in their records. And we'll have time to complete that task...when?!

We almost pulled the plug on the deal in that very moment (the words, "forget it...we're done" even popped out of my mouth). I was furious. Stunned that the state of MA is making it so difficult for us to spend money; to support the economy. So I left and caught up with my sales rep via phone once I had cooled down a bit. And by that time he had come up with a work-around that sounds pretty good.

If all goes well with Plan B, we'll take her home on Thursday. IF, however, that date comes and goes, we'll cancel the purchase and wait to buy the car when we move back to California (where the state encourages purchase transactions).

N