Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 Delivery question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you mean you ordered various options from the order guide, that is not a "Special order". A true special order would be if you ordered a paint color or some other interior color combo not listed in the order guide.
No, it's not a "special order", but "sold order" as per contract. I used this term so note that the vehicle will be built for order, not taken off a lot or warehouse somewhere. Didn't know that there is a term "special order"

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If your car was not a true "special order" as above, it should take about 12-14 weeks from order to dealer assuming your dealer has allocations to cover your order. If not, THAT would definitely delay things.
Yea that's what I was told - ETA is end of October-beginning of November. Still loooong way to go
Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered my SQ5 back on May 30th and it arrived today so it was just over 8 weeks for me. If you order is to be built past August 3rd (planned shutdown for the plant), this will definitely add to the delivery time.
I'm just glad mine is finally here! Looks awesome. I'll get some pictures up once the rain stops and I can get a few good shots.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jengram
I ordered my SQ5 back on May 30th and it arrived today so it was just over 8 weeks for me. If you order is to be built past August 3rd (planned shutdown for the plant), this will definitely add to the delivery time.
I'm just glad mine is finally here! Looks awesome. I'll get some pictures up once the rain stops and I can get a few good shots.
Congratulations with your new car!
Since mine was ordered just last week, it will definitely be built after shutdown - hence the wait. I just hope it will arrive before snow hits the streets over here, as my current ride (6L V8 + rear-wheel drive) doesn't go along very well with slippery roads

Last edited by asmi84; 08-10-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi guys,
Yesterday I've received an update from my sales rep:
your new Audi SQ5 is showing in status 10, factory order and the estimated time of arrival end of November to beginning of December.
Well, aside from the fact that I will get the vehicle full month later than promised, does anyone knows what exactly "status 10" means?
Old 09-09-2015, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by asmi84
Well, aside from the fact that I will get the vehicle full month later than promised, does anyone knows what exactly "status 10" means?
Given the usual August shutdown, they were rather optimistic in their estimate when you put the order in anyway. Probably just did the usual "in about 3 months from now" without taking into account August'll be slower.

Not sure about the "status 10", but since he said "factory order" right after, I assume that means that it's gone from a pending order to being pulled into the factory order bank (effectively, the order's been approved by the factory and is "live" in their system now, vs. being only on the dealer's side pending open allocations or whatever).

I was dealing with the Audi ETA list (when Audi expects each milestone to be reached) rather than the current status codes (which are different), but for example on my order, the dealer had their allocations and was putting in orders for them that day, so mine went to "Released to Manufacturing" the same day, which I believe is "Factory Order Bank" status. The next ETA entry was for "Released for Production" (about to be built) which took 1.5 months because the order went in mid-July and had the August shutdown in the way (and the new A3 release's production throttling production bandwidth).

From there it was 1.5 weeks to "Factory Inspected" (fully built and released from the factory), then a few days up to Emden to sit in the queue for a ship to Houston and from there to me (which was a little delayed, too).

So where you should be is that your order is live in the system in Ingolstadt, and is waiting for its turn to be built (which will depend on when they've scheduled builds like yours to be run next). That's probably the biggest question mark, but your dealer should be able to get you Audi's ETA list for the next steps, and in my experience they're fairly good estimates. Mine didn't change much from when they were first created (within a week of my order), despite never getting a build week, having the August shutdown in the way, and delays at port. So if you're able to get that list, you should have a fairly good idea of when it'll ship out to you and when you should hopefully have it by (usually they're conservative on how long it'll take to clear customs and to get to the dealer, so you can usually make up some time there).
Old 09-09-2015, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by asmi84
Hi guys,
Yesterday I've received an update from my sales rep:

Status codes

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Southern Motor Group
70 = Vehicle arrived at Southern Motor Group
Old 09-09-2015, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank to both of you for explanations!
The thing is I wanted to make sure the car arrives before snow hits the street, and so I've asked sales rep, sales manager and F&I manager several times if it's realistic, and was reassured that it is (snow tires for my current vehicle are nearly "done" and I obviously don't want to buy new ones). Now it seems clear to me that this won't happen, so I'm trying to understand what my options are.
Another issue is that financing terms with Audi FS are only guaranteed until Nov 2nd, so it's anyone's guess as to what they will be after that. On top of that myauditracker.ca tracking website currently doesn't work for MY 2016 vehicles (I was told it will be updated by the end of October - my sales rep tried to register me in the system, and after being unable to do so he contacted their support, which told them ETA for update).
All of that is rather disappointing to me to be honest, before all that I was of the opinion that Audi is a premium brand and expected sort of premium service. But now it seems to be that the only thing that is "premium" about it - is the price tag...
Old 09-09-2015, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car took right at 3 months from Status 10 to delivery.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'd check with the sales rep and see if you can get the ETAs for your order. At least, I'd assume it's like the USA guys and they have access to those, anyway (maybe a Canadian owner can confirm).

Our "tracking system" is worthless here, though, so checking with the dealer's the only way to get real information. The Audi owner email system for MY2014 came online when my car was in the Atlantic, and only has a few points where it emails you, and it takes like a week to send the email. I was just checking in once a week to see if the ETAs have changed (which they rarely did and when they did it was more of a "tweak" than a substantial change).

Assuming Don's info is correct for Canada (the last few are UK-specific, but I'd assume either the meaning of the codes are more generic or there's slightly different codes for the last steps), you should have a build week assigned, which hopefully your sales rep is able to look up to give you an idea of how soon/far off the build is, even if they don't have all the ETAs available in their system.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you idale. I've sent an email to my sales rep asking about milestones' ETAs - will see what he has to say on the matter. I've also sent an email to F&I manager asking what's the deal with financing in these circumstances.
So far it looks like dealership ppl were a bit optimistic with ETA during pre-sale, and/or just wanted to close the deal ASAP and told me what I wanted to hear (I live in relatively small town, so they don't exactly sell many SQ5s over here - I've never seen one on the road anyways during the month I know exactly what it looks like).

Quick Reply: SQ5 Delivery question